Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1130Tre I have a spring return cylindrical valve in the connection pipe 400mm from the endcan. This was origionaly connected by cables to a solenid nr the airbox I undersatnd for drive by noise emissions and is now disconnected.
My question is - does the valve restrict the gas flow through the exhast enoug when disconnected to warrant grinding it out and re-welding up the exhaist pipe?
I can do this at work in a couple of hours and add in a few more to remove and re-fit .... any thoughts...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Nigel
Leave that stock can as it is and get those twin pipes from maniac Mille style!! - Go on you know you want to!! :D

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
You can unbolt the butterfly valve in the exaust. It will help flow. I put short bolts through mine, but welding would be better.
Take your header pipes off and check if there is a reducer ring in the pipes -right at where it connects to the cylinder head. The TNT's have them. As you look into the pipe you will see that the entrance is of a smaller diameter than the actual pipe. Grind these down to the same diameter as the pipe. +- 4 hp there.

·
Registered
403 Posts
You can unbolt the butterfly valve in the exaust. It will help flow. I put short bolts through mine, but welding would be better.
Take your header pipes off and check if there is a reducer ring in the pipes -right at where it connects to the cylinder head. The TNT's have them. As you look into the pipe you will see that the entrance is of a smaller diameter than the actual pipe. Grind these down to the same diameter as the pipe. +- 4 hp there.
Use the bolts and a bit of Ht silicone, easier to return to stokc if there is a warranty issue back to the dealer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts