Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Trying to remove my fuel tank -- and I'm stuck trying to actually remove the fuel pipe.

I see the manual says you need a special tool -- but is there some way to do it by hand ?

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Terry,

You should have got the tool in the plastic wallet when you got the bike. It looks like this:-

The slot allows you slip the part around the fuel pipe and when you push the tool up towards the tank it compresses a couple of lugs which allows the fuel connection to be disengaged.

You can remove the tank without the tool by compressing the two plastic parts on either side of the coupling that releases the fuel pipe but you need to be very careful that you don't break them or the coupling as this is an integral part of the fuel pump which will need to be replaced if you screw it up.

Oh, there should be another tool in that plastic wallet that is shaped like a 'T', this is to 'bung' up the hole (if you pardon the expression) which will stop the fuel pishing out of the tank after you have disconnected the fuel coupling.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys -- didn't get any tools with my bike since I bought it from a Salvage auction. Will see if I can purchase one !

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ordered some of the quick release couplings as suggested ! more like my Triumph -- which should make things a bit easier in future !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts