Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you are waiting for replacement fairing lowers, and how long have you been waiting?
MotoGB accepted my claim for replacements for my peeling green ones in January, and I am still waiting. That's 9 months, and I'm starting to get mighty p##'d off :( .
I know they had quality control problems, but, after a visit from a factory manager at the beginning of April, assurances were given that a new supplier for painting and preparation had been appointed, quality was good, and new panels would start filtering through in 3 or 4 weeks. But, despite innumerable calls and e-mails, I am no closer now to getting a date for receipt of the replacements than I was then.
Brian Harris has moved out of the parts dept; Gerry has taken over, but he appears not to have any idea when deliveries are going to arrive. He tells me that loads of owners are waiting, so I guess quite a few must be members of this forum.
If so, have you any thoughts on how we can bring pressure to bear to get this situation resolved? I am starting to think that, after 9 months, maybe there is no intention to replace, and, if they stall us long enough we will bite the bullet and get them painted locally.
This doesn't bode well for anyone who has an 'off', and needs replacement panels to make Nellie rideable. They could be a long time without a bike....
Cheers.
Ian

·
5,929 Posts
I waited nearly a year for mine to be replaced. One showed up at 9 months, but was already missing some paint, so I rejected it.

I've just recently had the replacement re-sprayed, and the bloke who did the job discovered that it had been re-sprayed already! The importer had taken the rejected one and got it fixed. Maybe that's what your importer should do with yours.

One redeeming quality though. It IS difficult to spray, but it's NOT made of ABS (like the uppers) - it bends on impact, and will survive where an ABS panel will not. Mine side swiped a roo at 30 kph. The top shattered, but the bottom only lost paint.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have been waiting 3 months since the claim went in for mine. The dealer is chasing but they are getting pissed off too. Thet told me they are waiting for a bunch of green ones and a yellow set for me. I dont hold much hope of getting them this year though. In this day and age waiting that length of time for a warranty claim really is a joke.. I understand it does not stop the bike being used but really poor in any case. :soapbox:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I waited less than 2 months for mine to come through via Russ. Go via Bennetts you will get a quicker service and honest answers.

Col

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I waited less than 2 months for mine to come through via Russ. Go via Bennetts you will get a quicker service and honest answers.

Col
Hi Col. When did you receive yours? The new suppliers were meant to be taking over from April, and all previous stocks were supposed to have been scrapped, as being sub-standard, although I suspect that they will in fact just respray them, as Engenia said happened with his replacements. I was wondering whether yours are from the new batch, and what the quality is like, if so.
I was starting to wonder whether dealers get priority over those who go direct to MotoGB, and that seems to bear it out. It might be that, in my case, Bennetts won't take it on, as I've already claimed through MotoGB, but I have just sent an e-mail to Benelli in Italy, attaching a thread of correspondence between MotoGB and me, to see if that will shake something up.
I'll keep you posted....
Cheers.
Ian

·
Registered
319 Posts
ahmmm... so... there is no supplier besides Benelli, who is making offers for Tornado fairings?

For me, it´s ok to do the paint job locally. But not being able to ride the bike because i can´t get this piece of plastic would drive me insane. So, please tell me that there are other choices.

Sorry for not knowing. But I am new to the Benelli-world

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Been waiting 2 months .. latest estimate is September sometime. Mike

·
Registered
254 Posts
This is the reason I ordered 2 sets of spare bodywork for my LE. I actually had my spares before the bike. I did the same with my TNT, but those parts I ordered were aftermarket carbon. Got those quick also. Still waiting for Benelli America to get off their ass and send more factory goodies for the TNT and new generation guage cluster for the LE. Only been waiting 6 months for those. The old US Importer got parts out the same day they were ordered. The new regime jerks you around a bunch. In fact, if I´d known the policies would have changed, I wouldn´t have bought a Benelli.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Had mine replaced last year - waited 2 months (and without knowing - Russ at Bennetts checked with Benelli UK whilst mine was in for service and had them send them to him & he fitted them - didnt know anything about it till I collected the bike back)
I think I waited about 6 weeks tho
Dont forget that all factories in Italy have just been shut for a month (August) -and they will be gradually working up to normal pace !!!

·
Registered
736 Posts
If you want fibre glass replacements this guy on ebay italy does them and will ship to the UK for about €50
Quality is ok but not brilliant. You will be painting them so that wont matter.
For the cost you cant go wrong.
I`ve got a set waiting to go on my track Tre, just not got round to painting/ fitting them yet
Item number on Italy Ebay is 110280505178

Hope this helps
Dave

P.S. I BEAT LAURENCE with THIS INFO :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
P.S. I BEAT LAURENCE with THIS INFO :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Damn, Hell and blast....... I just hate it when Dave beats me to an answer :bawl:

Takes a mental note to start visiting the Forum much earlier in future :rolling:

·
Registered
736 Posts
I feel I must bow to the Great Laurence :bow: :bow:

These are road fairings not track (no headlight) ones.
Only place to get good quality race fairing is Skidmark in the UK.
You need both the top and the lower parts as they will not join to origonal lowers.

Laurence, you going to Milan this year?
I`m popping over on the 5th for the day and will catch up you if you are there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey guy to anyone who may be intrested

i have some lower fairing both sides the paint is flakeing i don't need it i got it for my green and silver but i now have the rs so as i say not needed ... i have no idea how much it is worth just a good offer i will post as well if you are intresterd let me know thanks ps i will add pics tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Laurence, you going to Milan this year?
QUOTE]

Sure am Dave and I'll probably be going on the 5th and 6th so we could maybe arrange to meet nearer the time. :)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
An update - having e-mailed the factory 10 days ago to see if I could shake something up; guess what - no reply. It seems from other threads that if you e-mail them to give praise, a swift reply ensues. Just don't expect the same response to a warranty issue, though :rolleyes:.
Cheers.
Ian

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
lower panel woes

Hi Guy's, I had to wait just over 9 months for my lower panels.
After contacting moto gb on a very regular basis they ended up taking two lower panels off a new bike and posting them to me.

The workmanship on the two deliveries they recieved in 9 months was atrocious and we were all getting very frustrated with benelli's attitude to dishing out panels that looked like the local lepper colony had sprayed them. :rolling:
If I had to go through it all again I'd just visit a good spray shop and get them to sort the old one's out.

Johnny :cool:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Nowt mate apart from the fact that your a flakey load of B&*%$£^s and your spraying skills are crap! especially those of you over at the italian compound :rolling:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Guy's, I had to wait just over 9 months for my lower panels.
After contacting moto gb on a very regular basis they ended up taking two lower panels off a new bike and posting them to me.

The workmanship on the two deliveries they recieved in 9 months was atrocious and we were all getting very frustrated with benelli's attitude to dishing out panels that looked like the local lepper colony had sprayed them. :rolling:
If I had to go through it all again I'd just visit a good spray shop and get them to sort the old one's out.

Johnny. I don'y know when you got your panels, but apparently the contractors who did the spraying were sacked back in April, and the work of the new contractor is supposed to be top notch. It would be nice to be able to see it for myself, though :rolleyes: ! Clearly they are concentrating their efforts on new bikes, and warranty work is just trickling through.
This paint isn't that easy to do, so I'm told, with a gold base coat and then a coloured lacquer. It is very easy to get a mis-match, and so it would need a first class sprayer to do a 'factory' job. I might have to go down that route if the panels don't turn up soon, though :mad: .
Cheers.
Ian

1 - 20 of 26 Posts