Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
also some on the tornado, Ive posted it here too as he was addressing both models,
"Tornado

Engine 1000cc
ECU, replace
Rear shock, replace
Instruments, rectify problems
Radiator, reposition
Fans, trash
Air ducts, trash
Exhaust, under seat"

Below is my response, and more imput is good and healthy for the forum I believe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
reply, with spelling corrections

Just some comments on your comments
Engine 1000cc
=fair enough ,after all their is a hp war going on, but this would be a natural evolution, remember the bike was concieved long ago when 900cc was a SBK rule limit.

ECU, replace
=faulty ecu or just lack of good mapping???

Rear shock, replace
= Why?, the extreme tech on my soon to arrive RS has adjustable (by hand ) hi and low speed com adjustment.

Instruments, rectify problems
= true, bigger,more powerful alternator and better quality battery seems the key.

Radiator, reposition
= Why, is this a looks thing, because Peter Goddards Race ran with out fans and that bike didnt run hot, also this is the logical layout for a bike radiator if your really think about it, the britten pioneered this design and that bike was lauded worldwide for its techniclogical design solutions, and how many people talk about getting weight over the front wheel?, this novel design approach is one of the tornadoes biggest drawcards, and I congratulate Adrian for adopting it.

Fans, trash
=as above, although I'm going to paint my red RS fans yellow.

Air ducts, trash
= complimenting technical design requirement i would think.

Exhaust, under seat
= I admit thats personal taste, I think the underseat cooling is more unique.
Go get a MV Agusta 1000. that seems to be what your requesting they build?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: reply, with spelling corrections

I wouldn't have bought the Tornado if it wasn't different. That includes - radiator under the seat, fans & air ducts.

I believe that the rev D instruments are fine - they've never reset on me. My rev A ones haven't reset (so far) since I've added a few extra bits.

Sure, the bike has issues - but that just means she has character! Show me an Italian that doesn't!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: reply, with spelling corrections

Agree with Engenia. I would certainly not have bought the Tornado it if it was turned into another GSXR/CBR etc. It is Different, which is a good thing, and at least mine does not have any major problems to distract from the riding experience.

Why does the ECU need changing? Maybe refine the tune, which is a natural development, but replace the hardware?

In the '80s I bought a (1976) Laverda, and similar criticisms could have been levelled at that, I still have it, it's that good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts