Benelli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike was tucked up in the garage and covered over when it took a direct hit on the side panel from what I imagine was a push bike handle bar and cracked the paint. Strangely no one in the house seems to know anything about it. That was a couple of months ago and now it is starting to flake. The bikes in Essex can anyone recommend someone in this half of the country that has experience with this paint as a couple of people I have spoken too won,t touch it. Had a respay from Dream Machine in Nottingham a few years ago but was not over impressed with the service.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wrap them its almost an exact match
I can't see all the picture , where did you get the wrap from and how would you say it compares cost wise to respraying them , did you wrap them yourself ?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wrap costs around £25 for a 1000mm x 1530mm and took me about an hr each side. Vinyl is from hexis View attachment 33959
Can I revive this thread and ask Mr/mrs imnoteasy if they can remember which vinyl they got as their is a few on the hexis website As I'm desperate for green lowers again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Strangely enough an expert I asked here in Germany refused to cover the lower fairing parts with vinyl. He claimed that the bulge on the right will not allow for a good result and feared complaints & price cuts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Had my fairings repainted just a while ago, the painter said that for some reason with this thin plastic type, you need to sand off ALL the old paint right to the plastic, and then start from plastic primer all the way up. Otherwise it wont hold, but getting a paint match should be no problem for any paint shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts