Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Since today I have a problem with the rev gauge.

It stays at the highest position. When it's at 6000rpm it stays there when idling.

When I drive over 8000rpm it stays there afterwards. and so on and so on.

When i turn ignition on and off everytime it drops about 700 rpm.

So after 15 times on off the rev gauge is back at starting position. When I start the engine the same problem occurs though.

Anybody any idea on the problem / solution to the problem.

It's a newer model clock that has been changed on warranty. only done 2700 miles.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
It's a new one on me, I've had the Temperature needle stick the same as you where each turn on/off of the ignition key brings it back down a few degree's at a time until it reaches Cold and then it's worked fine again and I've even once had all my clocks fail, stopped the bike, turn the ignition off and back on again and "hey Presto" worked fine again but I've never had it affect just the Rev counter ? Although I'm pretty sure mine are the old clocks ! :bawl:

Hope you find the fault especially as you've had new clocks already !

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I agree with Rob that this is a bit of a strange one. Can't be a sticking needle as it wouldn't drop when the engine is switched off I would imagain. Just out of curiosity, have you ever had condensation appear in the glass on the clocks:confused:

Al:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts