Benelli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - does anybody out there know how to modify the rev range on a tuneboy map? Some of the maps on the maps thread (the **_X series) have had the fuelling points moved to 12,500 rpm from 12,001 How ???

Was this a factory developed mod, or tuneboy modified?

I'm asking this as I'm using Sagem parts to fuel inject a different bike altogether, would like to use different mapping points.

Thanks,
Neil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the rev limit

Thanks, but no, that's not the answer. Simply upping the rev limit doesn't affect the rpm values in the fuel table. Tried that earliy on.
Any more suggestions, please?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tuneboy

Have you downloaded the software from the website??, if so you can play around with it to your hearts content on either the fuel map or AF1 map, i see how it only goes to 12000 rpm, email waayne at tuneboy if you want to be able to add in another column??, I usually hear back from him within 24 hours.. sorry if this doesnt help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wayne

Bought the software, been playing with it on a Triumph on a rolling road. I'll try Wayne, but I've had no reply to my last mail to Tuneboy support - about a week now. maybe it got lost, sounds like he responds to you pretty quick.
I would like to add another column, or better yet just change the rpm values in a column, I'll keep looking.

Cheers
Neil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Thanks guys - I'll give it a couple of days to see if the support @tuneboy mail gets a reply, then I'll use those addresses.
For the record, I'm trying to fuel inject a '76 Jota, hence the interest in messing with these things. Stupid and pointless, but entertaining.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
injecting the Jota

I remeber reading a magazine article from here in Oz about someone who did thats, I think they used a Silent Hektik

Look on the Guzzi exchange, a aussie based forum with Morini's, guzzis Laverda Italjet etc etc. i posted a message there for you asking about the system.
morini.com.au/phpBB2/index.php

or see this german site
www.italoclassicbikes.de

Seems a few do digital ignition. I definately did read about saomeone in Oz that had injector trumpets made up and used a silent hectik ecu to run it all. The laverda world a small place, i should be able to find something for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
injecting the Jota

Larsen, i spoke/email Jeremy Bowdler, editor of two wheels magazine, a laverda fan heres his reply

Ummmm. I know Uwe Witt (Moto Witt in Germany) was working on a fuel-injected triple. I saw it when I visited, but that was almost 10 years ago now and most of his business has shifted to Harleys. He may be worth a shout.

Duane Mitchell (www.fuelinmoto.com.au) is a Weber guru and should be contacted. He knows a fair bit about later Laverda twins, but whether or not he's prepared to start from scratch on a triple is anybody's guess. Maybe something from a Triumph might be bodged together to suit. Most people fit Keihin flat-slides as far as I can tell.

Apart from that, Chris Pritt from Club Laverda NSW might also be worth a hoy.

Let me know how your mate gets on. If he does the legwork, I might inject my triple!

Jeremy

-- Jeremy Bowdler
Editor
Twowheels

[email protected]

Locked Bag 5030,
Alexandria, NSW 2015,
Australia

+61 2 9353 0169 (Direct)
+61 2 9353 0997 (Fax)

www.twowheels.com.au

Good Luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Laverda

Thanks for the interest guys. It should be straightforward from here on in, I've already got a set of throttle bodies modified to fit - even picks up on the standard air filter hoses, quite neat look.

I'm driving it with the TT600 ecu, 'cause the tuneboy makes that easy. (It's a 180 triple, so using the TT600 box means I can also use the ignition side of the ECU later) Just got to steel myself to cutting a hole in my precious tank for the fuel pump plate right now!

So, all in all I have all the bits, the hard manufacturing is done so it's just a matter of getting my finger out right now. I'll give you a shout when it's running, but don't hold your breath!
If anybody out there is interested in doing something similar, I can send photos of the throttle bodies in situ.

Of course, having a rolling road at work may come in handy:D
Cheers
Neil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts