Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps I just got the seat back and here are some pics for those who want to do some proper miles on the bike. I had the seat enlarged for the pillion and had gelastic inserts put in.

Wosser

·
keeft
70 Posts
Wosser,

I agree it looks very comfortable. What was the cost and turn around time for the work?

It looks like the material is smooth/shiny vinyl? could they also use the suede type material of the original?

Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here you go speak to Melvin very helpfull chap

Wosser

Thank you for your enquiry, click on this, http://www.customseats.co.uk/

I can reshape your seat to help with the comfort OK if need be.

To customise your seat in the basketweave or smooth finish style without Gel £ 145.00

BladeRunner style £175 .

for one gel insert add to price, £ 50.00, or the two ( front and back ) £ 85.00.

" the Gelastic Pad inserts help with rear end comfort "

" I do it in the week it comes to me"

add £12 for post back to you.

when sending your seat use the Royal Mail {post office }

If you would like to discuss any of the above options further please contact us on

02476 665203.

·
Registered
290 Posts
want one

Having just completed a weekend of two good runs into wales and yorkshire and having covered somewhere in the region of 400+ miles i think my A**s requires one of them. lost total feeling at one point:bawl:

Looks great bu deffinatly need you as guinnpig:bow:

Live long and Prosper:ele:

·
Registered
290 Posts
num bum test

Has the good lady given the seat her best yet :rolleyes: and wots the outcome:bow:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glenn

Ive just got back from a 2000 mile trip in the pyreneese doing roughly about 6hours a day in the saddle the seat was perfect no issues at all.
I didnt have a pillion but I am 100% sure its going to be ok for the missus.
I did some speed test work 6th gear is an over drive its quicker in 5th with the panniers on I got an idicated 143 which was 133 on the sat nav all on a private road :clap: but I reackon a true one 140ish is on the cards.

Wosser

·
Registered
290 Posts
I bought a gel pad for mine but i don't like the change i the seating position so I'm just gonna have to deal with the piles:bawl:

At least when the wife climbs aboard she can have the pad to stop the moans

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
just booked my seat in to lics in kent ,very nice and helpfull , having the seat cover remade and peronalised and a three way comfy layer over the whole seat and instead of gel pads its having a gel all over , i will let you know how it goes down in a few weeks and post some pics

·
Registered
146 Posts
hi ferret
mine is going to digger seats, they don,t recomend gel pads thinks there a waste of time and money, we must compare notes ,

·
Registered
290 Posts
I bought a gelpad don't like it make me feel to high on the bike. I have founfd the seat is bedding in. Or maybe its my backside. Hmmm:rolling:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I bought a gelpad don't like it make me feel to high on the bike. I have founfd the seat is bedding in. Or maybe its my backside. Hmmm:rolling:
Eat more pies and have a fat arse....:) Works for me.. :rolling:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
hi forby im not getting a gel pad ive had those before this is a 3 layer system that has an elastic gel layer over the whole seat it will not raise the seat at all and its not in anyway like the gel pad inserts,another chap on the site does 400 klicks a day on his tornado with this seat no probs i will let you know when i get it back good luck with yours

1 - 14 of 14 Posts