Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member - Avatar by MDIB
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woooo Hooooo, lucky me has been given a ride day at Phillip Island that I can take over the next few months. I have never been on a r/d before so i would like some advice if possible. I am relatively new to riding, I started on a rs125 which was a bit of a struggle for the poor little bugger, I wont give away my weight but suffice to say i think I heard it audibly sigh with relief when I got off it once.
Laws in Victoria only allow probationary riders to ride up to 250cc, which is hideous. So it was the Aprilia rs125 or a Hyosung 250 and thats a no brainer. Anyway ive had my full licence for about two and a half years now and the Nelli for about 8 months, and would class myself as inexperienced but getting better.
The rideday website states four different categories. I would like to know if anyone would suggest which is the appropriate category. Is the slowest , really slow like people who are new to riding or maybe the next group up would be best to go in. I live in the mountains so whenever we go riding its twisties galore though I am not really sure what to think about the track.
Look forward to hearing from anyone whos been there done that.
Thanks
Shogun

·
Registered
136 Posts
Shogun ... take your instructors ( group leaders ) advice:bow: ... slow group may be slow one week, next week a lot faster group ... all down to the individual riders on the day:p . Don't Worry ... Be happy .... & enjoy the experience ! :rolling:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Good luck with the track day - usually start off in the slow class if in doubt - then your instructor will tell you if you should move up one in the next session.

Just take your time and dont let the red mist come down !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts