Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks
I have just lowered my TRE-K by putting new dog bone links from Bike Farm in Germany the links are 11mm longer and lower the rear end by 25mm, I have also droped the fork yokes down 16mm. The bike rides fine and I feel happer with my feet flat down. The links are well made out of stainless steel and only cost 31 pounds uk (six days delivery). I would reccomend this to all who like to ride nearer the ground.
regards JonD

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hhttp://www.bikefarmmv.de/hecktieferlegung/index.

Richardm
handles fine, just feels better for me while moving around the garage and at junctions. the link is from the bits for Benelli in the forum. I have also cut 28mm from the side stand so the bike leans a bit more when parked, I have always thought that it was a bit precariously vertical while at rest
regards JonD

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have just re-checked, the original links are 136mm as marked and the replacement ones are 146mm between hole centers. So 10mm longer, the seat hight with the fork yolks dropped is 25mm less than as bought new with the rear damper set to mid.
regards Jon

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thinking about it i also had seat re covered so that might accoun:clap: t for some of it, and a different damper setting i suspect, but it makes a big difference to us short arses
.forby

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I dropped mine 30mm with a set of 6mm longer links and dropped the yokes as far as they would go and its been the best thing i could have done for my short legs .She also turns in a bit faster to .Angus rode it and loved the set up.
The only issue i have had is the roads are so bad in the fens (back roads ) that i do tend to bottom out the collector box especially two up with luggage on .

·
Registered
157 Posts
alrite jon,
i was looking at these links for my tre and was having doubts due to the sidestand problem , what way did you shorten it did you take a section from the middle of the stand and reweld it or a bit from the end??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ride height

Hi all
I also just hack sawed a lump of the end then welded a larger plate on the end (just in case we ever get any warm tarmac again). The wall thickness is about 4 to 5 mm so its very easy to weld and if required I could just reweld the original back on.
regards Jon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts