Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought for next year meet ups with a photo op. Jodrell bank, always wanted to go there after seeing Quartermass in the 70's. It'll be a photo with a great back drop:clap:

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
Sounds good,what about the museum at RAF cosford?

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
Just a thought for next year meet ups with a photo op. Jodrell bank, always wanted to go there after seeing Quartermass in the 70's. It'll be a photo with a great back drop:clap:
is that in cheshire????? if so you'll blasting past mine into the peaks b4 getting to cheshire so any chance of a ride out is good for me :D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Jodrell bank, what a dump. It's living in a time warp total waste of time and money.

Raf cosford, different kettle of fish, highly recommended.

If you go to jodrell bank , take your wooly cardigan, geeky :blur: :blur: specs, slide rule and join the most boring lot of staff i've ever encountered. It's like the womens guild.
Foods crap, buildings crap,exhibition is tiny in a word very very poor. But i suppose they may shove that big radar telescope thingy up your exhaust pipe if you ask them nicely.

only thing wrong with cosford is it's shut at weekends otherwise excellent, staff are enthusiastic.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jodrell bank, what a dump. It's living in a time warp total waste of time and money.

If you go to jodrell bank , take your wooly cardigan, geeky :blur: :blur: specs, slide rule and join the most boring lot of staff i've ever encountered. It's like the womens guild.
Foods crap, buildings crap,exhibition is tiny in a word very very poor. But i suppose they may shove that big radar telescope thingy up your exhaust pipe if you ask them nicely.

only thing wrong with cosford is it's shut at weekends otherwise excellent, staff are enthusiastic.
To be quite honest bud i just want to go there for the picture. After all i rode all the way to Gibralter just to have my Tornado pictured with the Rock (see gallery) Hopefully be taking the nelli over to the States to do a New York to Vegas trip taking all the sites:clap: :clap: . in the not to distant future.

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
Tony,you'll love vegas,we go every 18 months or so.Its Disneyland for adults!!!:rolling: ;)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

I'm getting vibes that you don't like Jodrell bank ? :rolleyes:

:rolling:

As regards RAF Cosford :bow: being closed weekends, I think you should check the website out buddy, especially as I've been there twice on a Sunday, :clap: and I wasn't alone ! ;)

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Jodrell bank was somewhere that as a pupil at schools close by used to be dragged there and it was ok once but after that boring but getting a picture close to one of the Radio Telescopes would need prior permission . what about a pic on the Millau bridge in southern france now that would be a good un :)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jodrell bank was somewhere that as a pupil at schools close by used to be dragged there and it was ok once but after that boring but getting a picture close to one of the Radio Telescopes would need prior permission . what about a pic on the Millau bridge in southern france now that would be a good un :)
You can't take one on it:bawl: But you can underneath and there is a good viewing area :clap: Good hotel in the Town aswell:clap:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I thought i'd heard that tony about not being able to stop on the Millau bridge , maybe i'm biased but like the shot Bob took during this years Scottish Gathering of my RS at the Commando Monument as it looks all arty like and makes me think its a shot you would see in a brochure see below - deffo yours at Gibraltar is a good un too .​

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tony, maybe it's an opportunity to encourage people to take more photo's when they are out on their bikes and have a "Best Bike & background" Photo Competition in 2010 ?

Brilliant,:clap: We could do with a section were we can post the pics like a notice board i've got rock of Gibralter and Millau viaduct, leaning tower of pisa, Monaco oh and the Humber bridge.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I'm not far, 45 miles the other side. I've passed it by on many occasions but never called. As regards the pros+cons of Jodrell, I agree with Tony would make a great photo backdrop :clap:

·
All the gear, no idea
144 Posts
Hmmm, looks like it's a 'locals' only for Jodrell Bank then!! It would be a fun ride out, especially through the twisties at Twemlow Green. And for the really geeky, there's that bloody great big viaduct near by as a backdrop too!

·
Registered
444 Posts
what about

Tony, maybe it's an opportunity to encourage people to take more photo's when they are out on their bikes and have a "Best Bike & background" Photo Competition in 2010 ?

hows about a best pillion and background comp ;) ?

·
Registered
444 Posts
hmmm

Superb backdrop, gets my vote matey, just needs a Benelli in shot ! ;)

Ok, what if i convince the wife to changer her name to benelli. Does that count? :D

BTW the back drop is the source of the severn. (clewedog reservoir which is on the mountain road from llanidloes to machynlleth, powys, mid wales. A much recommended ride)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
To be quite honest bud i just want to go there for the picture. After all i rode all the way to Gibralter just to have my Tornado pictured with the Rock (see gallery) Hopefully be taking the nelli over to the States to do a New York to Vegas trip taking all the sites:clap: :clap: . in the not to distant future.
like the states run idea could be up for that 1 .
NYto vegas thats a 2 dayer there eh

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Any ride outs good for me did i hear someone mention a ride out to Angus`s house for boxing day grubb hhhmmmm

·
Registered
248 Posts

Bloody funny description. If I ever get over to your part of the world I'm going to check Jodrell Bank out just to see how acurate your description is. And then have a laugh. Cant wait to try the food. :rolling:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts