Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

Some of you may have seen the suggestions about another rideout in the poll section for the last one. We agreed the best date was 9th Sep. Kurt had also suggested we might try and get something together for the Benelli International magazine #2. I thought it might be cool to all meet up somewhere for a photo op. I sent an email to the Brooklands museum, who have a Concorde, about the possibility of us meeting there and having piccies with Concorde for the magazine. Got a reply today:

Dear Colin

Yes this could be possible – we would ask that you pay our normal entry fees, and we would be grateful if you could provide a donation for the photo opportunity (especially as it involves Concorde).* A mention in the article would be great, but from experience this often does not materialise.* Could you please let me know how many bikes would be involved and proposed timings?* We have a Classic American Automobile club event that day, but I believe they are just static in the Paddock, so they should not be a problem.

Regards
Valerie

Valerie Mills
Commercial Manager
Brooklands Museum
01932 857381 ext 255
www.brooklandsmuseum.com

So, what do people think? If we can get some ideas of numbers here to see if its worthwhile, we can get the ball rolling.

Col

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Photo Op

Hi Col
I'll be up for this should be a great day maybe we can get KJM/Rusty :bow: involved with the sponsorship,
Keep the tread going with time etc ,being a bit selfish later on in the afternoon would suit better as I've got mothers 50th wedding party on Saturday night!! I see a hangover comming:rolling:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I'll definately be up for this as long as I am in the country - its the middle wekkend of 2 weeks off, the first leave I will have taken in 7 months (I am in need of a rest!)

Red Dog are also close by - maybe they cold assist in providing something, Lloyd, any thoughts?

Three Cross can also do there bit by staying the **** away!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all

It doesnt look like too many would be up for this so I dont think its going to be worth organising. Perhaps just go back to organising a plain old rideout. I should still be up for this date.

Cheers

Col

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I'm around too - weather dependant, we could all go and annoy the hell out of Lloyd. You lot distract him and I'll swap my 'Nelli for his new steed and see how long it takes for him to notice something is amiss!:rolling:

·
903 Posts
Ride out on 9.9.07

Just to let you all know I am still alive!!!!

On the 9.9.07 Sharon and I will be on the Red Dog stand at Brighton Marina for the annual Brighton Burn Up with a couple of Benelli's, Mv's and Victory cruisers (For you oldies out there! Op's, I have a cruiser!:doh: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: ), I would love to see some of you guy's down there!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Red Dog

Lloyd,

Looking for a local (in Kent anyway) place to get my Nellie serviced - rather than Taz in peterborough (bit of a trek). See you seem to know the Red Dog guys so any recommendations?

Cheers

Sean

·
903 Posts
:hiya: Sean

Give the guy's at Red Dog a call, they are top guys and will do your Nelli proud. Phone 01732 863636 and say I recommended you to them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just to let you all know I am still alive!!!!

On the 9.9.07 Sharon and I will be on the Red Dog stand at Brighton Marina for the annual Brighton Burn Up with a couple of Benelli's, Mv's and Victory cruisers (For you oldies out there! Op's, I have a cruiser!:doh: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: ), I would love to see some of you guy's down there!
if they need any help to do the transit on da bike, give us a ring Lloyd :)

I think it could be indeed a good plan to use the ReDog stand as a target for the meeting, don't you think guys? Will the barbecue be ON as well (and I am not talking about the victory cruiser, here :ele: ) ?

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Lloyd, will we be able to get close on the bikes if we turn up?

Mind you I remember only tovividly the last time we both went to Brighton for a coffee...'twas not a good day!

Andy:(

·
1,841 Posts
Lydden

Marco/Seanw, or anyone else, Lloyd and myself are going to LYDDEN 7miles before Dover on sunday 2nd for Motorcycle Classic roadrace If you are bored put the video on for motogp and come down !:)

·
1,841 Posts
The racing starts at 12.30 so I will be at the Farthing corner services on the M2 at 11.30 I will stop at the top of the sliproad. I will tell Lloyd to do the same. Hope you can make it.....:)

·
Registered
271 Posts
ok, I found it on googlemap. I've got 1h to get there. I have to service the bike before leaving, so will see if I can make it.

I'll send you my phone number

·
Registered
271 Posts
ok, I found it on googlemap. I've got 1h to get there. I have to service the bike before leaving, so will see if I can make it.

I'll send you my phone number
came there, missed the exit to the station and came back 15mins after, nobody. I tried to go to Lydden, but once there no sign of old bikies et so on.

I rode a couple of miles and went back to London.

·
1,841 Posts
Marco, sorry we missed you ! :eek: I was at the services at 11.30 when Lloyd phoned me to tell me he had ended up further down the m2. He said he saw you ride past !!:confused: I could not phone you as I did not get your number,(did you send a pm ?) so I rode to Lloyd and we thought you had missed the services and carried on to Lydden. Lydden is just straight down the a2 on the right about 7 miles before Dover, (there were a load of red and white bollards stopping you from turning right into the circuit) but I was expecting you to be with us to show you the way. :doh:
If we plan another ride we will make better plans and exchange phone no.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Missed the invite

Marco/Seanw, or anyone else, Lloyd and myself are going to LYDDEN 7miles before Dover on sunday 2nd for Motorcycle Classic roadrace If you are bored put the video on for motogp and come down !
Sorry didn't pick this up until too late....hopefully next time.

Sean

1 - 20 of 24 Posts