·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being well over 6ft I'm just wondering about the riding
position on the tnt.Is it a bike you sit in and feel part of
rather than a bike you sit on i.e. the Yamaha FZ1 which
I felt perched on.
Also has anybody rode an Aprilia Tuono.Being advertised on 0% finance which is a very tempting offer but have been told it's a bit on the extreme side,whatever that means.
Would appreciate any comments.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
I feel as though I am hanging over the front wheel. The seat to top of forks is very short to put more weight over the front end. After riding my Suzuki sv 650, the CR front wheel seems very close.
Just my personal thoughts. It is more comfortable to ride 100 miles on. It is great.

Paul

·
442 Posts
G'day MarketSquareHero. i'm 6'1 and feel like i'm sitting in the TNT not on it.
it makes you feel like your part of the bike not an extra.i have a TNT Sport 2006 model.i have had a go on a zx14 kwaka and i was sitting on it not in it and did not like it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for that,just confirming what I thought.
Sat on the 899 at the bike show but without riding one
wasn't to sure.Will hang on a bit longer to see if the 899 makes
an appearance.
Suppose I'm on the wrong forum for any answers to the tuono question,thinking a Benelli owner might have once owned one.
Once again thanks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
TNT vs Tuono riding position

Hi

I've got a 2004 TNT and an old-shape Tuono (I think the new one has a similar riding position). I'm 5'10", and have to say that each day I choose which bike to take to work (15 miles of city traffic each way), and each day I want to take the TNT. It's lower in the saddle, slimmer at the waist, and you feel more in than on it - partly because there's nothing up ahead of you. The Tuono always feels tall and a bit top-heavy.

Obviously the Tuono is likely to be far less trouble - the engines are rock solid, and the whole design well-sorted. Also it's a far better bike for touring - luggage and weather protection, better tank range etc. Aprilia have more support, but parts for both bikes eye-wateringly expensive. But if you want a comfortable bike that you can scratch on, and do 200+ miles a day without getting too sore, and be the only one in the area for the most part, even in Italy, the TNT is the better bike. That said, I've had to do all the recalls, plus fit Ohlins suspension front and back to make the bike handle on anything but perferct tarmac. Tune up next, I think.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There's a big difference between the new Tuono and the TnT, as long as riding position is concerned. IMO, anyway. Furthermore, the difference between the old Tuono and the TnT is clearly smaller. I would say the difference in the riding position would be the main criteria when choosing between those two. The TnT posture is indeed clearly more relaxed, more legroom and you do sit more in the bike, whereas you clearly sit on the new Tuono, with the handlebar very low, almost in your lap, and with footpegs set pretty high. The new Tuono is quite a nice bike, but what I didn't like was indeed the riding position. If my memory is serving me right, the old Tuono was a bit more comfortable in that respect, but to me, the TnT is still better. I'm 5'9 and I think the riding position of a Cafe Racer pretty ideal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your answers on the tuono.Like I said only reason I mentioned the bike was because of the 0% finance, much prefer the look of the tnt but some of the stories on relieability are a little bit worrying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts