Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spent the weekend down south in Englandshire catching up with some of the wife's family and old friends.

Over Sat and Sunday we drove Birmingham - Bristol - Oxford - Banbury and back to Birmingham. (As an aside we had some time to kill yesterday at Birmingham airport and stumbled across the national motorcycle museum...not huge but a good way to kill an hour))

I have never experienced as bad a road surface as the M5 for creating spray. It was pretty heavy rain yesterday and there were large sections of ithe motorway that were fine (similar to what I'm used to up here)... but then you would get to what looked like a newer bit and it was complete "whiteout". Lots of aqua planing in our wee 1.2 hire car! Didnt' stop some idiots hurtling past us at 100mph+. Dunno what the scoop is with that stuff - sure its lovely to drive on in the dry but its an accident waiting to happen. And don't get me started on the inconsiderate who overtake you and immediately cut in front of you reducing your vision to zero.

Felt sorry for all the bikers...horrible conditions...especially the chopper rider who appeared to be in short sleeves!

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
good job you didn't come to sheffield then!!!!!!!! the worst roads in england :bawl: :bawl: bloody pot holes everywhere

1 - 3 of 3 Posts