Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the link but..
The Matris M2 steering Damper that he lists, does it fit on a TNT 1130?

I don't see how one would mount it and I don't want to blow $500plus on an error.

Gary

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Gary, the Matris dampers fits on the TNT like this:-

The damper in the picture is the 'Big Daddy' M4R. I supplied one of these to a guy on the Forum recently for his Tornado and It is a lovely piece of kit.....pure bling :clap:

·
5,928 Posts
Oh yes. It's slick.
Just need to move the clutch fluid reservoir forward a bit, so that there's room for it. It's longer than the OEM unit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes it looks very slick.
I see where the shaft clamps onto the fork tube but how does the main body attach?
It looks like it is just floating there.
Just curious.

Gary

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Gary, the pic was just a stock photo I found and as I've not got a TNT, I can't help I'm afraid. I was thinking that there must be a fixing lugon the steering casting for it but from what your saying I guess there's not.

I'm sure BenelliDave has fitted a aftermarket damper to his TNT so he might be able to advise?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Holy [email protected] no wonder I couldn't figure it out. I have no place to mount it.
On the front of the head tube I have the two mounting tabs that the front headlight assembly mounts to. On the exact center of the head stock at the top there is for lack of a better description a hook that points upwards. It's not drilled or tapped so I don't see how it could mount anything.

Runs to get camera.

·
5,928 Posts
On the exact center of the head stock at the top there is for lack of a better description a hook that points upwards. It's not drilled or tapped so I don't see how it could mount anything.
Guess you'll have to get out the 5.0 mm drill & M6x1 tap set.
If I were you, I'd put her on the paddock stand & pre-drill 4.0mm, before following with the 5.0.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Actually it was more anoying not being able to figure out how you guys were mounting them. :doh: At least now I have a clue.:clap:

thank for all that

·
Registered
207 Posts
thats right but ist is not a big thing to get a hole drilled and a screw thread in there all other parts are deliverd with the steering damper, if you wanna mount another damper i have only the fitting kit to sell too

Alex

·
Registered
254 Posts
Guess you'll have to get out the 5.0 mm drill & M6x1 tap set.
If I were you, I'd put her on the paddock stand & pre-drill 4.0mm, before following with the 5.0.
The best would be to drill a 4mm hole then use a 5mm reamer. Drills don't make round holes. But if no reamer is available, your method would do fine.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Heres a photo of the lug with the thread, from my CR

Paul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts