Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not yet had time to mount my new Robby Moto SBK rear sets.

I have the Robby Moto Sport rear sets on the bike now. Does anyone here know if the Roby Moto SuperBike Rear Sets can be adjusted to a lower setting than the Sport set????

I plan on using the set that will allow the lowest foot rest height ( I have a crippled leg and this helps to be able to have less knee bending while riding).

I plan to play around with my Benelli sometime this week, but I thought Id ask you gear heads first, just to see if anyone here already knows the answer.

The Robby Moto Sport rear sets do look nice and clean on the bike.

The SBK rear sets are much more adjustable, and look much more the racers choice, but they look almost to busy with all the adjustment holes...

Either way they are a vast improvement over the standard Benelli foot rests....

The one thing that I wish the Benelli had more of would be billet alloy bits and pieces. The bike as is looks great, its just that after owning BIMOTAs and hand made off road bikes like Vertematis, TMs, and VORS....I really like the CNC machined look of limited production billet components on a bike. It make the bike look more exotic and more hand crafted.

And of course the blemish on the gem....is the tree trunk of an exhaust canister on the bike. The original preproduction plans for the Benelli TRE Tornado had 3 exhaust outlets; one on either side and one in the middle under the tail....to bad Benelli did not go with the original design for the exhaust....The muffler/silencer that comes with the bike is/was an after thought....they just stuck on what they found in the spare bits bins.....

Have a great Spring riding season all you Benellists.....less than a month away....:)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hey Doug, I supplied the SBK version to a couple of other guys on the Forum at the same time I supplied yours, so hopefully one of them will be along soon to provide some info.

I had already fitted the Sport version to mine which I am quite happy with so I didn't bother getting a set of the SBK's.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I totally agree with you Doug on the billet issue. The Benelli looks almost lame in that department. Can't beat a Bimota for billet. I have rearsets coming and I am thinking about moto corse fork lowers. We'll see how the bike looks Saturday when it shows up. If you want an LE to ride I have #105 for sale $17,995 new, zero miles

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
If you decide to sell your spare set after deciding which one to use, send me a PM mate.

Cheers

Col

1 - 4 of 4 Posts