Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
9.8K with new clocks at 4.25K DOR 12/09/04 PDI/no. plate by KJM :)

MOT until 18JAN2018 with not an advisory in sight.
Mine for £2995 with FSH with handbook, warranty, 2 keys, new chain and service and very good Maxxis Supermaxx Sport boots.
Absolutely mint.
Suspension set up perfectly for road with equal bounce.
Moi is an uber-happy bunny :ele:

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,444 Posts
Nice colour :ele::ele::ele:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Battery is a fitted 12OCT2013 DYNAVOLT MG12B4 delivering 260 CCA with beefier wiring. Takes have a dozen cranks to start but hey-ho confidence is high.
Looked at the single seat hump cowl when removed and thought its construction was OTT and then I saw fabric edging and 4 clips retaining the main body in the cowl.
Surprise, surprise .. I have a pillion seat ! Does mean I have a Biposto :D which is the same as TRE, Novocento ..
Daft thing is, I have seen just the pillion perch on Ebay and on here too for sale .. as these from broken bikes?
Have to say I'm so impressed with this beast of Italian bullion and its provenance that it's with me for life.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, quite a bargain.
There are only three versions of the 900 ,
The Original ultra high spec Limited Edition (LE) of which only 150 were built, all carbon panels, single seat, ohlins etc.(green / silver paint)
The std 900 Tornado, the most common of versions, of which yours is one. (silver/black, silver/green and some slow red ones...):rolleyes:
The RS, which in terms of spec sits between the two, (wheels, brakes and suspension, plus a bit more power) (red or yellow)

All but the single seat LE have the pillion seat under the hump, so the long-winded answer to your question is yes,the seats on ebay will be from broken bikes;)

Reactions: ajf

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats on the purchase Rob, great looking bike, good price too, not sure why this took so long to sell as was on ebay for a few months (started at £3995) maybe its because it wasn't silver and green;)

Reactions: JRH

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
"Garish green"??? !! How very dare you....Think you wil fit right in around here?

Reactions: mikerj and RobShed

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
"Garish green"??? !! How very dare you....Think you wil fit right in around here?
Well its all happening this year, a silver/ black (carbon wrap) Tre as just sold at Mountain Ash ( South Wales for all you , up north) £2500 , Bennetts have sold both the Tre and the RS they had.
Even Angus has gone and bought the one (1130 Tre ) OMC had from Colne, Lancs (Ex Jericho). Think its an ex Millenium bike been in the wilderness but recently been to Bennetts for a proper service. Its not even the end of January and people are buying bikes .

My god, I think people are actually buying Tornado s again.

Could be a good year to be seen on one !

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For me, a huge scratch to itch as I've always loved them. Sits alongside my gold E46 convertible. Former bikes/cars include teal 'star wars' Suzuki RF600RV and the iconic Fiat Coupe 16v Turbo in blitz blue. Mainstream is so feckin' boring !
The Silver/Black TRE at Bennetts was also my second pick.
So a huge and rewarding fun toy but also real investment potential .. Black Shadow territory almost?
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...nvestment-benelli-tornado-novecentro-tre-2003

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Not seen that article before so cheers, hope they are right:clap:

Have never bought bikes for their investment potential but prices do seem to be firming up, perhaps with the ageing biking population looking for a bit of exclusivity as opposed to outright cutting edge performance?
However the fun and rarity of my 1130 and CR mean those are going nowhere, whilst the 900 will never ever be sold, for all its "character" i still love the damn thing!:doh:

However, if anyone wants to make me a very substantial offer on a fine 1100L slingshot, in very best best blue/white paint, i would let that go tomorrow!:rolling:(even got a nos seat hump on it now)

·
Registered
58 Posts
They won't go any lower now. as too rare. Also they're good value for money, I paid £3k for an as new 2000 mile silver/green 900 which is way quick enough for just about anyone in reality. In fact i got an MV F4 1078 with 3,000 miles as well and they both cost £4k less than a modern superbike and they both look and feel far more interesting

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nowt 'bout been down the road in the ad on the 'Bay nor did Paul Glassup mention when quizzed twice on the phone, so a bit naughty not to be up front. Explains why it was a tad cheap for a crated DOR late 2010 though .. Even more glad I went for the one from Dan's in Stone which is a bit special.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Nowt 'bout been down the road in the ad on the 'Bay nor did Paul Glassup mention when quizzed twice on the phone, so a bit naughty not to be up front. Explains why it was a tad cheap for a crated DOR late 2010 though .. Even more glad I went for the one from Dan's in Stone which is a bit special.
It might not of been down but the O/S was missing fairings and a mirror last i saw it. I wanted the wheels as it had immaculate Marchesni's, no chance of a swap though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts