Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posted a couple of pics on my gallery of the FZR that I took to Rogart. It has its first outing as a race bike at the weekend. Wee bit scary in the pouring rain on Saturday seeing as I had not ridden it (or anything else) since Rogart but it went really well. Yesterday was much better and I was really enjoying myself if a bit slow (nothing changed there then!).

Next meeting will be at East Fortune in the middle of August and also thinking about the Anglesey Grand in October ... that will probably be it for this year .. demolishing Nelli in April spoiled the plans a bit.

Hopefully someone will send me some pics of the bike cornering .. will post them if they are not too embarrassing!! (no knee down from this old git!). :rolling:

Mike

·
Registered
864 Posts
Great stuff Mike, glad you decided to enjoy the FZR at the track, if you had fun and stayed upright that's a successful weekend out! :clap:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Nice one Mike :clap: Sorry I couldn't make it along to see you do yer stuff.

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Nice bike mike

I take it you will know Colvin from Haddington then mike?, raced the old 125's last year

I do the thursday night run with him

eric

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes - I know Colvin. He is out on a FZ750 this year and managed to sell his old RD 350 to someone in Portugal! I still have the 400/350 rd I used last year that used to belong to Colin from Dunbar. Where about are you?

Mike

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Well done mike, glad you managed to use the FZR rather than the Suzuki you were offered. Shame about the weather not being the best for you over the weekend.

Have fun at the next rounds.
Fraser

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Hi mike im in Bonnyrigg

Colvin runs a thursday night run from the esso on the bypass so thats how I know him and probably others you know also

I will need to get to one of the meetings and introduce myself:)

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts