Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been invited on a corporate do at the above in July :) , has anyone done it and can you give me the heads up. I mean is it (its on CBR6's) out you go and I will watch you whilst you follow someone, or is it a free for all (within reason)?

Cheers guys

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You lucky steward! I have not done it but really would like to. Its supposed to be excellent for developing your skills on the track.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Speak to Kurt as i believe its something he's done . Thing that we should all do it as a group and get a discount . pm him and ask about his tank for me :D

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
I've done the Ron Haslam days twice over a 10 year period (my dads 60th treat the first time and then with some mates) and I would highly recommend it ! Very well organised and a cracking day. On the Premier package you have a maximum of two riders per instructor which is cool as long as you team up with someone of a similar riding pace otherwise it can spoil it just a little,(although they do swop people around if they think you're teamed up wrong) "Rocket" Ron is on hand too and very approachable, we had a group photo taken with him and Leon Haslam was there the first time aged about 14/15 and the second time we went he was in his Ducati gear ! Both him and his dad were showboating on Fireblades having fun ! You can even book a ride round the track on the back of Ron if you dare ! (I've seen him wheeling down the straight with a terrified passenger ! :rolling: )

We did three track sessions, the first gets you used to the track, the second session you pick up a little more pace and the third go "hell for leather" because usually if you come off in any of the sessions thats the end of your day ! So enjoy the first two at a nice pace then go for it on the last session !
You also do a fair bit in the classroom trying to understand how to get you best riding position etc and encouraging you to get your knee down etc on the track, but just remember that at the end of the day they do it to your own ability and expect you to have fun !

Once you've done the Premier package you can book the Elite package anytime after which goes in more depth with one on one instructor and on a Fireblade !

Well worth the effort !

I was quite nervous both times but that some dissapears once you get into it !

Great Fun don't miss it !

:ele:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I would be up for that, as long as its next year.. not something I can do this year. Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Yup - thats pretty much it.
I have been 3 times in the past 3 years - its a big worry taken off knowing if you do bin it - you dont have to foot the repair bill:D :D :D

Some piccies in my album from last year and the one before (I think)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was in Fowlers in Bristol today and picked up a brochure for the RH race school, will definitely being doing one.
I went to the opening of the Riders of Cardiff (Ducatti & BMW) on Saturday and they were doing special tracks next month where they trailer your bike up for the day, for Ducattis.
When I asked if I could take my Benelli, she rolled her eyes and walked off :-(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Me too

I did the RHRS in April. I have to say it was a superb day. Whilst it is a little prescriptive in terms of what you do the experience is excellent. I added 20 +mph to my speed down the Dunlop straight from the first to the last session. I felt I got alot out of it. As stated by previous posters the kit is all top notch , they have bought brand new CBR600's for this year. Leon was there also (great guy as is his Dad). Great day great weather just beware the guy who does the classroom sessions is a real pi** taker.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Sounds good. For anyone interested in doing this, we will definitely be booking as a group next year. Put your name in the other thread in the Biker Bar if you are interested and I will be in touch in Nov when the dates for next year are released. I know its a long way off but it will soon fly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts