Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps. Angus and myself were discussing the possibility of doing the Ron Haslam race school next year. If we get enough people interested we could book as a group. Not sure if that gets us a discount but the price of the premier course is 269 notes on the site. Perhaps 2010 premier and then we do the elite in 2011! Maybe it will give the likes of Angus and Bob a chance to vent their testosterone without piling into a fire engine at 140mph :rolleyes:

So, put your name down if you are interested and we can see if there are enough people to make it worthwhile.

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
yeah i think i would def be up for that next year, some of my mates just asked if i want to do it in a few weeks with them but i'm skint so can't :bawl: i'd rather crash their bikes than my yellow peril ;)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I cant do this year either and thought if we go for next year it will give us time to get a date that suits and for ppl to get the money together. Plus if we are gonna do as a group we can probably pre-book the date now with a deposit.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I'd be up for that for deffo
(I get 10% off cos I have been before anyway - so if its a group thing I could argue for more??)

PS - I'm planning to do one late June also if anyone's interested??

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Brill announcement there Colin and yep count me in for next year , what a sight that would be when we all turn up at Donny on Benelli's "Fear the Tornado boys dah dahh " :D .

lets us go at it safe in the knowledge our bikes are safe whilst we scream a 600 Honda . God not even ended 2009 and 2010 is looking a good un :D

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,415 Posts
tentatively saying yes here,
but it is a long way off.Being a trackday virgin:doh: :rolleyes: , i'd deffo want to pop me cherry on someone elses bike

·
Registered
417 Posts
but it is a long way off.Being a trackday virgin:doh: :rolleyes: , i'd deffo want to pop me cherry on someone elses bike
If you want to pop your track day cherry on the Benelli.. then these guys are far and away the best place to do it. Safest place full stop to get on track. Did my first track day with them and cant rate highly enough for safety and getting the most out of the day:

http://www.hoppridertraining.co.uk/betterriding.html

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Me, Me, Me, Please in 2010 ! I might have one or two mates or more interested too if you're not restricting it to Benellists ! :bow: (Yes I do have more than one mate and i don't pay them much either !:eek: )

:doh:

:D
Once we know how many Benellistas are up for it I will give them a shout and see how many they cater for and then we can see how many places left for others. I am a track day virgin as well so using someone elses bike seems like the way to go :clap:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is a long way off but if the interest is there I will be aiming to get it booked up this year to give people (and me!) the chance to save up the readies :D Should think a deposit would hold a date for us.

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me, so I'll give a tentative yes, just have to make sure the potential dates suit and the wife doesn't roll her eyes too much, again.
Fraser

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Colin

Tentative yes from me also.
Dave

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
2010 is yes for me :D

I note that for 2009 the schools are on Wednesdays, getting our dates together will the THE trick. But lots of notice should do the trick.
I count that as 13 so far, looking good :)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I dont think they release the dates until next year - thats what happened the back end of last year - they were happy to take a deposit from me, but I said I would wait till dates were published.
I think the dates for last year are similar (ie same amount of days in each month - and always mostly on Wednesdays too)

Dunno if thats any help???

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK I spoke to them to see what the crack is. They need minimum of 10 people to secure a date just for us, with a max of 18, so that sounds about right for the numbers we are likely to get. There is a 10% discount for a group booking. If we end up with the full amount I would push for a little more, but budget for about £225 (assuming the price doesnt go up for next year of course!). The dates for next year are likely to be released around Nov time, so I will put a note in my diary to check around that time and resurrect this thread then, but assume its a definite for next year so if you need to start saving then do so...They will require a £50pp deposit to secure the date, so if you are definitely interested then make sure you can cover that around November time. I think I am going to start a benelli forum account and put 50 quid a month to cover next years trips and outings :rolling:

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Count me in.

I'd be interested Col. :clap: :clap: :clap:

cheers,
Dom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts