Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was scanning an Italian web site(pics) about the Milan Show when I found an article about Rossi's ultimatum to Yamaha that there wasn't room for he and Lorenzo in same team beyond next year, and he could go to Ducati in 2011.
Had others picked up on the story?
Found this report on BBC Sport news site

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Bob, that was on the BBC show of the last MotoGP and the commentators picked up on it but obviously as most of the national newspapers rarely report any Motorbike sports over here, the story never grew as big as it ought to have !

This will be very interesting to see what develops from it !

Quite crafty from Rossi's point ! Do you think he feels intimidated by Lorenzo or just trying to abuse his Champion power ?

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
He said it in his interview with Suzy Perry. He might be pushing his luck - he does not have too many years left at the top of his game, whereas youngsters like Lorenzo and Stoner are still gaining experience. It is clear that Yamaha took Lorenzo on to be a successor to Rossi, in time. If Lorenzo beats him this coming year, and Rossi sticks by his ultimatum, forcing Yamaha to choose......? Who would you pick?

Cheers
Ian

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
As much as I respect Rossi for everything that he's done for the sport over the years, I can't help but think this is him just spitting his dummy out and going in a huff because he sees Lorenzo as a threat. Of course there is room for two riders next season and for him to say otherwise is just plain daft.
He should just concentrate on winning next season rather than panicking about getting his arse whipped by someone younger than him. Reading that story only leaves me wanting to support Lorenzo even more next season:)

Al :)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
As much as I respect Rossi for everything that he's done for the sport over the years, I can't help but think this is him just spitting his dummy out and going in a huff because he sees Lorenzo as a threat. Of course there is room for two riders next season and for him to say otherwise is just plain daft.
He should just concentrate on winning next season rather than panicking about getting his arse whipped by someone younger than him. Reading that story only leaves me wanting to support Lorenzo even more next season:)

Al :)
Sorry mate, but do we know you ? :p

Stranger !;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Admin alert there's a spammer in on our forum, pops in and out when he feels like it, leave's deep meaningful debates and then disappears for months, no goodbye's or hello's:rolling:

NICE TO SEE YOU'RE BACK AL

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
5,931 Posts
... can't help but think this is him just spitting his dummy out and going in a huff because he sees Lorenzo as a threat.
Funny you should say that. About 5 yrs ago, on one of our many trips to The Island, I picked up a babies dummy off the road, & attached it to my brother's bike, intending it to be awarded to the "dummy spitter" of each trip. In all these years, no-one's taken the award, so it still sits there - waiting.
When I sent the link to Rossi's story, to my PI mates, it was universally agreed, that Rossi should be awarded the "dummy" next year, at the PI GP. I thought I'd sneak into his pit, and tie it onto his bike somewhere, while no-one was looking :D

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Would love to see Rossi on a Ducati ... could he ride it as well as Stoner???? Would the backing into corners be as spectacular????? Marvellous!!!! Not interested in Lorenzo at all ... irrelevant.

Am I biased? Of course! Best riders in the world on the best bikes (well, they are red) to come out of Italy.

Suppose that will be me struck off this forum then. :( Mike

·
5,931 Posts
... could he ride it as well as Stoner???? Would the backing into corners be as spectacular?
If he didn't ride it like Stoner, he wouldn't be within cooee of him.
I think he would though. Did you see the slo-mo's of Stoner & Rossi sliding through turn 3 at PI? Not bad at 200 & some klicks.
Yeah, he's capable.

(still gets the "Dummy" though)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Money speaks! Rossi is the one with the commercial clout.
Maybe today, but if Lorenzo were to thrash him next year, will Rossi still have that clout in 2011?

However, I think there is more to it than just spitting his dummy out of the pram. Rossi is too clever - I think he has a cunning plan!;) Never underestimate the GOAT:bow:

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
When I sent the link to Rossi's story, to my PI mates, it was universally agreed, that Rossi should be awarded the "dummy" next year, at the PI GP. I thought I'd sneak into his pit, and tie it onto his bike somewhere, while no-one was looking :D
Sadly Errol, I think you have missed the point, along with a few others on here :eek:
Rossi is the master in so many ways, and snippets like this were not accidental. Rossi has always been a 100% racer :clap:

Ian is correct Stoner and Lorenzo are strong competition, who are gaining experience BUT Rossi is the MASTER, and he will hold the commercial clout for a few seasons yet. Not only do they not have his ability on track, but they are without personality off the track!

The fastest rider is not often the fastest racer, last season post-Laguna Seca is testament to that. Rossi enjoys his mind games. Put quite simply, it has started early.

Would I like to see him on a Ducati? Damn right, Rossi with Burgess would be competitive.
I've had a soft spot for the Duke's since my bevel drive (25yrs ago). Besides, Ducati need them to tame their beast ;)

Maybe today, but if Lorenzo were to thrash him next year
Thrash! Strange twisted dream there? Rossi riding a moped? ;)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Is he still falling off under pressure these days ? :rolleyes:

Not so much; just outbraking himself and running wide a few times! It is a pleasure to watch Max ride, IMHO, his riding style is so smooth; and that Aprilia is well quick! Roll on 2010 WSB!:clap: A great line-up; lots of Brits; should be a good'n.:clap:

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Another mate, reckoned that Rossi's sounding more and more like Max!
I don't agree.
Max has cleaned up his act.;)
That'll be Max "I was a 250 champion" Biaggi, couldn't win at top level, so dropped to WSB to show them how it's done (not) :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
2010 will be another nearly season, there's too many better riders than him out there

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rossi doesn't need to play mind games or spit his dummy.
He knows he's the greatest and so do his competitors.Untill the day comes when he's had enough they will all have to play second string to the maestro.
As for Biaggi,at least he put some fear in to **** Doohan when he arrived in the 500's.Shook him up a bit and who can ever forget that wheelie across the line:bow:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts