Benelli Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the INSANE SILVER HYUNDAI that decided to park in the middle of a 100kph road with no lights and no indicators... thanks to them, i have nicely demolished the front end of my benelli. :'( there goes my pride and joy. But the woman is putting it on her insurance, so all should be good. i shattered her back windscreen, and disengaged her rear bumper. oh, and Benelli might need to redesign the petrol tank on said Tornado. i damn near castrated myself on the dismount. i was on the front wheel when i hit her, and now, certain delicate parts of my anatomy are rather bruised and swollen in a way they shouldn't be... only just got the bike back, too.. *sigh*... ahh well, such is life.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damm

I know how it fell Rapid, damm Hyundai reversed over me on my VTR once, still, if its a right off, time for a new 1130 jobbie hey !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have demolished the front end I wouldn't wory too much about getting it written off. The current value of our bikes compared to the lay out an insurance company will have to pay to get the parts to repair will probably mean it is beyond economical value to repair it.

Sounds like our numbers around the world are dwindling fast!

Hope the plums aren't too painful!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad that you are ok!
An upgrade to an 1130 might just be some good karma courtesy of an evil Hyundai!
Cheers, Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Swollen plums?

I shouldn't laugh at someone else's misfortune but when I read the 'plum' part of this post I let out a little giggle to myself:lol
Because it's so cold up here in Scotland, our 'plums' go into hibernation for the last 4 months of the year so we don't get the 'swollen plum' syndrome:lol

Anyway, here's hoping that the meat 'n' two veg make a speedy recovery and keep us updated on your progress to being mended;)

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plums

the .. erm... Plums... :D are well named... very similar shade of purple... as much as i like the idea of getting an 1130, i don't think i could face that Tank ever again... might have to look at the TnT... thanks for the comments, guys. Some good news... the fool in the hyundai admitted in her police statement that she was in the middle of the road stopped with no indicators... yay for me!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Plums

I wouldn't let the shape of the tank put you off the Tre as I've had a couple of mates leave dents in the tanks of some of the well known Japanese sportsbikes when they've had an off.

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Plums

rapid,

Hope they get well soon, you probably need to get them some TLC.

Did the woman offer to cover the plums:rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, thanks Al, i'll keep that in mind. glad i wasn't going faster when i hit. would have just been Plum Sauce then... :rollin just got back from the doc. gave everything the all clear. she was mightily impressed with the bruising though. I couldn't convice her to take away the bruising and pain, but leave the swelling... ahh well... and wouldn't you know it, the investigating officer for the case has gone on hollidays till 1 december... so not much is going to happen before then... glad i kept my spare bike. laters folks.. thanks for the humourous support!

-Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:hat

Just read your post re one battered Tre and rather swollen discoloured plums!:eek:

I can validate your claims that the tank modifies your tackle due to my recent stoppie without touching the brakes! (See previous posts)
If yours where half the colours that mine where I bet you S**T yourself! Mine where so swollen and bruised that I thought it would never work again. Actually I still don't know!:lol

Hope you are not too bashed up mate, will you be buying another Nelli?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha. just replied to your other post before noticing your reply to mine. :rolleyes

I'm tossing up between the new Nelli, a TnT, a Daytona 675 (love the triples!) and an MV... shall have to do some test riding when this all gets sorted out. mmmm.....:smokin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rond of applause

Get the TNT,i absoloutely love mine now it has got the uprated starter motor.I have geared it down and uprated the rear shock and it is now so much fun.Definetly the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Zebo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1130 Tre

I personally would go for the 1130 or find a 900 Tre. I don't like the looks of the TNT but can appreciate the bike for what it is. Still, there is no better looking bike on the planet than the Tre. But that is just one mans humble opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts