Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,841 Posts
YES, the RS silencer is oval,the tre is diamond shape. The front pipe on tre is made of 2 parts the RS is one part.

·
1,841 Posts
The standard RS silencer is not a race one,it is heavy. I am not sure if there is a difference between a race (straight thru) can for a RS and TRE ? There is a race can as a map is available to suit a race can for RS (6105).
To add further confusion,Roly has said that a Beowulf can supplied for his TRE does not fit due to a 53mm pipe being the same size as the collector outer pipe,whereas my Beowulf can has a 53mm pipe that fits inside the outer collector pipe (so is bigger)
colin..

·
Registered
864 Posts
If it fits the std tre (im sure it does) and you want a straight through pipe it would be easy enough to mod for a few pounds to turn it into a race can :)

Saying that, the guy wants £160 for it which is not cheap.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I am not sure if there is a difference between a race (straight thru) can for a RS and TRE ? colin..
Colin.. the genuine Benelli Titanium race can fits both the RS and also the Tre.. the tre and the RS share the same downpipes.. i'm therefor confused as to why Roly's Beowulf can did not fit??? did they supply him an incorrect link pipe?

·
1,841 Posts
The tre front pipes are made of two parts the rs is one ? so they are not the same.?
Roly said his beowulf pipe is the same size as the outer pipe of the front section ie 53mm. My beowulf pipe is 53mm and fits inside the front pipe that is 56mm (I just went and measured it !)
The pipes may look similar but they are not the same.
I can only confirm the actual sizes from my own.
colin.

·
Registered
864 Posts
The Benelli titanium silencer fits both tre and RS... the one fitted to my RS was previously on a green and silver Tre.. therefor downpipes where it mates with linkpipe must be the same size... I have not measured mine to see actual size :confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh well....

I've decided to just go ahead and order the REMUS....

Stop messing around and just do it :)

Now I've got to wait 3 weeks as the fitting kit isn't available :ele:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts