Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people,

went out for a ride today,and my indicators packed up!

they all work fine when the alarm is activated,but when the swith is used they dont light atall. only a ficker from the warning light in the instrument cluster,and a clicking noise from under the rear cowl area!

anyboby had this problem before or shed any light on it?

thanks stu.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:hat

Sounds like your indicator relay has packed up or sticking.>: I don't think this problem has been reported before.

Try tapping the relay (Lightly!) with the indicators on, if the switches are sticking this may release them! If that does not sort it out it should just be a simple replacement. If the bike is out of warranty replace like for like as you should not have to buy a Benelli item if the price is high or the relay is unobtainable.

Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that would be the smallest problem. I have to replace the instruments display as it wouldn't come to life again. Checked that by switching the displays of two bikes and seen that the display is defective. The relay is a piece of cake in comparison with having to replace the dash board.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Stu,

My relay went on my first TRE and as I couldn't find a local replacement I removed the plastic cover and carefully cleaned up the contacts with an emery board/nail file. It worked fine for Months after that.

Laurence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had the indicators go on one side (other side OK). Would flash at random speeds, then eventually would just flicker. Resulted in a new wiring loom under warantee. Hope it isn't this serious in your case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts