Benelli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any comparisons between the RS and the standard Tre? I was going to get an LE, but with no dealer support in the US and no warranty, I decided against it. I can get a Tre now, but I'd prefer an RS. But I can't get an RS here in the US. How much of a step down is the standard Tre?
thanks -
mark
Oakland, CA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tre Vs RS?

Not Much!

Without going through all the specs

The RS has new wheels, radial brakes, carbon fibre huggers and some tweaking to the engine that gives it about 5KW more.

So unless you are looking to race the bike, then the Tre is not far behind.

Personally I prefer the Green & Silver Tre.

regards
Tax

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Tre Vs RS?

Thanks, that's about what I thought. Today I put my deposit on a 2005 Tre that will be here in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Tre Vs RS?

hey hey hey!!! Congrats Mark!

I hope we won't kill each other competing for parts :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try to be civil :lol I did order 5 oil filters with the bike and Elias said some are on the way. Did you get the Evoluzione hydraulic clutch kit on yours? I'm getting that done right from the get-go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TRE V RS

I have just exchanged an 03 TRE for an 05 RS. There is as others say a small improvement in power, brakes and suspension which all adds up to a much better all round performance, particularly in handling on the road or track. I think you will have to look at the price between the 2 to make up your own mind?.:rolleyes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: TRE V RS

The one drawback to the RS here in the US is that it's not available here! So, we have our choice of the LE or the Tre.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did order 6 oil filters... don't know when they will arrive just yet. Will try alternatives if the wait last longer than another week.

Yes I did have Evoluzione install the clutch kit from the very beginning. I've posted some pix, along with other info (hopefully useful) on my server: sitefoundation.com/benelli/index.htm

I am so excited that you made the purchase. Elias is a real cool guy (I am sure you know that already, he told me you are an old client of his.) and I'm saving up for a KTM... Have you seem those AMA super moto races? Doug Henry!!! yeah!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link to your server, the shop manuals will be quite useful. The pics of the Evo clutch setup are nice, Elias emailed me those same pics when I inquired about that setup. So that works well for you? I was surprised to see that the Tre comes with a cable clutch, how arcane for such an exotic bike.
Those KTM supermotos are quite good. So are the Aprilias that they're racing over in Europe - kicking some serious butt!
I'll probably road trip down to LA sometime to visit Elias and some other friends, we should try to meet up for a ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts