·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
444 Posts
:d

annoyed i missed this years, Its a good amount thats been raised. congrats to all that donated. If i'm not at work i will be there next year as i don't live all that far away

·
Registered
66 Posts
What a brilliant day and great cause . Needs to be publicised more , to get the media intrested , but not sure if many more bikes could be accomodated as the the place was chocca . Realy well organised , ran like clockwork , even when more turned up than anticipated . Hope it carries on running for years, and I will definately going next year . Even in all that traffic the L.E. never missed a beat , and the clutch held up . Shame never got any photo's
Roy W

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a brilliant day and great cause . Needs to be publicised more , to get the media intrested , but not sure if many more bikes could be accomodated as the the place was chocca . Realy well organised , ran like clockwork , even when more turned up than anticipated . Hope it carries on running for years, and I will definately going next year . Even in all that traffic the L.E. never missed a beat , and the clutch held up . Shame never got any photo's
Roy W
Must admit Roy, there was an aweful lot of bikes there ! ;) Superb turn out, sorry I missed seeing you there, hopefully we'll meet up next time, as I did with Darth Fazer, Klinkerstinker, Fredzedex, Owdgit and one or two mates, (and my dad on his trike ! ;) )

I did spot another Benelli there but it wasn't an LE and I've no idea who's it was ? :confused:

Well worth the effort for anyone ! :clap: And it was in the news recently that they are going to try and make the National Memorial Arboretum the biggest rememberance memorial in the World outside of the USA ! :clap:

I hope more British (Or overseas) motorcyclists will make the effort next year ! :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
taken from the RTTW site,

RTTW 2 on 10th October 2009 had its starting point at Drayton Manor Park where bikers had been camping since Friday. Saturday started with a 07:00 reveille from our two buglers. The first hardy bikers of the day had arrived at 06:30 and by 07:30 were tucking into breakfast from our caterers. As the morning progressed a constant stream of bikes of all shapes and sizes, every type of Suzuki, BMW, Kawasaki, Triumph, Harley Davidson, Honda ,British metal, Scooters, in fact Bikes from all over the world , even an Indian Tuk Tuk..!

By 10:50 we still had 10 bikes per minute coming into the park. The Parade of Flags were the first to leave at 11:00 with RTTW founder Martin “So Bad” Dickinson leading . Following a very well marshaled route all bikes were safely at the Arboretum by 13:20.

Our 2 Pipers played for us until the ceremony started at 1:30 with a speech of welcome & thanks from Martin followed by an address from Rev Lionel Fanthorpe. After the last post, played by our two young buglers from Sutton Coldfield sea cadets, White Doves were released and we were then addressed by Major General Kirkland CBE, General officer Commanding 4th Infantry Division, who had ridden his Harley Davidson Dyna Motor Cycle to the wall. He spoke of his warm feelings for RTTW and the support it gave to the NMA and therefore to our troops.

We then enjoyed the thrilling sight of a flight past by a Mk2 Spitfire of the Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. This was followed by the laying of wreaths. Everyone was then free to enter the memorial and contemplate the 16,000 plus names remembered there together with 68 names that have been added since we were at the memorial 12 months before on 11th October 2008 for the inaugural RTTW

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts