Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
running hot & stalling

Took the TNT out today had to visit a client in central London (about 50miles from home) the ambient air temp was 17 deg C (according to the TNT gauge) ran perfectly on the way there not a murmur which is pleasing since the pcIII has not been set up on a rolling road yet. However when I got bogged down with the normal nightmare stop start traffic in central London the temp gauge started to rise quickly when the fans cut in the temp held then started to fall but the fans then switched off soon after allowing the engine to overheat again.
The good news is since I modified the fan grilles they now cope with cooling the rads and by fitting an override switch to the fans to stop them cutting out I think I will be able to keep the engine temp stable.
The bad news was while the engine ran hot (1 bar below red) the spitting back, jerking and stalling all came back with a vengeance, although it did start straight away every time it stalled even when hot, probably as a result of the 16mm up rated cables I fitted?
The harshness when the motor stopped (you here a loud crack!! And the engine stops instantly) surely cannot be down to fuelling it further more convinces me that the ignition timing is all over the place due to the ECU set up.
What do you think Johnny 0………………………………..
vtxbrit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
man these bikes are tempremental , we got caught on the Paris one way last summer the ambiant temp was 38degrees and the misses was just waiting for the TNT die, but it didnt happen!! the fans ran and did their job like the idea of an overide though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmmmmm

Not sure, I raced my TnT on the weekend, it was about a 12 degree C day, I couldn't get the bike to run right until the temp gauge got to the half way mark on the gauge, I had to tape up the whole air intake to the left radiator to get the bike up to temp.

Remembering this bike has no aircleaner element, Tornado intake trumpets, Tornado RS inlet cam and a special one-off Benelli ECU map with a 10,800 rpm limit instead of the stock 9,800.

Might be racing at Phillip Island this weekend..... not going through all that crap again...... stay tuned!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts