Benelli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

the bike was running fine since the air box mod,,, one night i had a lot of problem to start the bike,,, try to reset and redownload the map on the bike as it was giving me the impression of a extremely rich start .. it finally start normally,,, but it wasn`t,,, i`ve notice a back fire at high revs, nice flame going out of the exaust,, then the acceleration is not constant,, like a restriction around 7-8... the exaust is black in color...

do any of u have and idea what i should be looking for...?? is there any atmospherique pressure sensor on this bike,, maybe it`s blocked,, or something like this

·
1,841 Posts
air pressure sensor

The tornado has a pressure sensor in the ecm that has a tube to the air box and connects on the right side beside the right throttle body, the tnt looks to have the same in the tnt manual I have. It is easy for the tube to fall off or get trapped. Also there is a thermistor (air temp entering the engine) in the air box,on left side. You could check connections, and check the resistance as per the manual, as this trims the fuel mixture. Hope this may help...:)

·
5,891 Posts
caferacer1130, a couple of things to try.
- If the throttle position sensor is crook, it will run rich and foul the plugs if run at low revs for too long.
- if it's hard to start, lost power, and sounds like it's running on 2, check your valve timing. A Tornado has had the cam chain skip a tooth, and that's the symptoms. Probably not what you've got, but could be disastrous if it is!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
running rich

i will try to check the pressure sensor,,, and the air temp sensor,,( if the temp reading works on the dash board,, that means the sensor is working,,???right?:confused: ) if that is yes,, then, i`m left with the atmospheric pressure sensor,, and the spark plugs.. but it seem to be a pain to get to spark plugs...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for that, how do we home check this sensor,,,?

i`ve tried to download the manuel for tnt,, but it needs a password. does anyone know it? to extract it

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
the tps (throttle position sensor) on the tnt is made by BMW and I have heard of 3 sports and 1 titanium that required it to be changed, the symptoms where exactly the same as you describe........the works manual tells you how to test it.
Terry

·
Registered
113 Posts
tps

Hi caferacer, If you update the ecu map you must also reset the tps at idle and full throttle (engine not running) using the axone, If this is not done the bike will run too rich :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
problem found

i had found that the power commander wasn`t working normal as i couldn`t change map,, or sometimes even see the map on it,, it says incompatible 136!>186 when i try to send a map,,, finally i remove the whole thing off the bike,, and it`s back to normal,, not running rich at all,, instead lean a little a low revs as i removed the flaps and did the air box mod,,

is there any way of increasing the fuel mixture at low revs,, without the pcIII,,,,,,,,,,, or any of u guys had this problem on PCIII

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi caferacer,

You have a right pain in the ass with this one:doh: the only advice I can give you is Take the PC off and put it back in the box!!!!!!! I now have come across 6 TNT/Caferaces with PC fitted, in my opinion non of them ran as good as a standard one with some mild tweaking using the Axone, why? I don't know???

I raced factory spec Suzuki's fitted with PC and they worked great so I'm not saying it's no good but we seem to have a problem getting them set up on these 1130 engines:confused: :confused: I think more development needs to go into the development before we crack it.

Revert back to standard to totally eliminate the PC and work with the basic Benelli ignition which we know can sometimes be a problem.

Good luck.

PS dodgy/colin, top advice on the purpose of the stepper, you baffled me for a minuet well done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts