Benelli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 TnT that is running very rich, since delivery.
I suspect C02 level not set at PD. Anyone else had this problem.
From new I changed the oil every 300k and it was full of metal fillings
indicating the rich mixture was washing the oil from the bore.
Will this have any adverse effects on longevity.
Your comments would be highly appreciated.

·
5,896 Posts
The first change of oil will be high in contaminants. This is left over from manufacturing. It should clear up by 1000km.
Mine @ 1000km had 20,000 2um sized particles per ml, which is considered extreme.
After that it dropped to near zero, until 30,000km when it started rising again - which is a concern.

If you've done more than 1000km, and it still shows particles, you need to get it checked out.

·
VIN#ten
136 Posts
I have a 2006 TnT that is running very rich, since delivery.
I suspect C02 level not set at PD. Anyone else had this problem.
From new I changed the oil every 300k and it was full of metal fillings
indicating the rich mixture was washing the oil from the bore.
Will this have any adverse effects on longevity.
Your comments would be highly appreciated.
I had my Tornado 1130 2007 adjusted yesterday. It was running too rich both at low and high rpm's. The symptoms were occasional stalling and uneven idling, especially when hot; at the top hickups. After calibrating the throttle position fully closed-WFO the mechanic reprogammed idle and top end mixture (no new map) and - bingo - all the problems are gone :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I did 300km after the adjustment so I really mean all :D .

The procedure meant running the engine hot, measuring the CO-content at idle, reprogramming with official tester, and two test runs on the street/motorway: 1 hour total. Dyno was not available, but the result is (sofar) excellent.:bow:

You should have it adjusted :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts