Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys - I am sure you have heard about the Remus stubby can that Russ has managed to get working on the Tornado.

Well I fitted it to my bike prior to the run down to JR's (165mls + each way)
Fitting was pretty straight forward (even for someone like me who only just knows one end of a spanner from the other !!)

The sound of the can is fab- a deeper 'burble' with a bit of ack,ack,ack,ack (ala MotoGP) on the over run or steady throttle when easing off gas :D

There were no signs of any issue with fuelling or fuel consumption (albeit 2 blasts up and down A1/A14 dont test the bike to the full.) but was getting 100-110 mls before lights came on - thats slightly better than I was getting with the standard can too !!)

I understand Russ has commissioned an engineering company to make the brackets to hang the exhaust (it isnt mounted off the rear footrest hanger like the original) and are at the powder coaters at the moment (in satin black to match the can too).

Russ has made a few amendments to a standard fuel map so it doesnt run too rich with the shorter exhaust.

If you guys are interested I suggest you give the Mighty Russ a call ASAP - I know he has already invested alot of time in sorting out this can for the Tre and I believe he has also secured a number of exhausts ready to sell.

Gotta admit - it looks fookin fantastic :D :D (thats an unbiased opinion too !!!) hahaha

·
Father Ted rides a Tre
53 Posts
Kurt,
You are a very lucky boy. That exhaust looks beautiful.
Do you have the phone number of Russ?

·
Father Ted rides a Tre
53 Posts
Contacted Russ today regarding the Remus exhaust. Just having to wait until the next batch arrive from Austria.
Kurt, thanks for the report and the picture. Russ suggested, as you did yourself, that the can is fairly simple to fit. Did you have any problems? Where does the bracket hang if not from the footpeg? Also, Is the black Remus can the only option do you know?

Lloyd, cheers for Rusty's number.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try and post a better pic over the weekend - but the bracket Russ has made fits at the back of the r/h footpeg fixings and virtually comes across horizontally to pick up the fixing point on the can - there is a little play (wobble) but no more that what there is with the original can.
As for fitting - it was a doddle (even for someone like me !!)
Took me about an hour - that was proper taking my time and now I know how it goes I reckon it would take about 10-20mins max

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Well Thanks to Kurts appearance to Jr's Bash with the can on i've been mulling it over and wether to go for one and i'm up saturday to russ's to leave bike for servicing etc and its going to be a question asked as i fancy going from the standard can. it made me think about remus cans today as earlier this afternoon i came across a bmw R1200s with a gorgeous underseat remus can and in conversation with the owner was made aware that it too was a nice bit of aftermarket kit(he also told me he had a tornado but didnt have a computer so hadnt heard of this forum !!!).

·
1,231 Posts
Ey Gads!

A tornado owner that is not on the forum? That is a sin! Tar and feathering...let it commence! Obviously though he has not had any problems. I think the green and silver would look funny with the black can but a titanium would look lovely on there.

JR
My Meat, Your Mouth, A Carnival!
:clap:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I think the green and silver would look funny with the black can but a titanium would look lovely on there.

JR
My Meat, Your Mouth, A Carnival!
:clap:
Personally I agree, *but* as I recall the titanium version is more than £100 extra :(
Think I'll be sticking with the LE can :D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will have a go this afternoon and post it some time over the weekend (if I get chance !)

I can do a quick cliip on my mobile - if you want to pm your number I can send that alot quicker than getting camcorder charged up, recording footage, downloading to pc, editing, uploading to youtube etc etc

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to report that fuel economy appears better than the original can - just filled up on 131 mls - and squeezed 15.5 ltrs in her

(that has been constant speed riding up M1 etc at a steady 70mph - ahem !!)

I only ever managed 110mls before and got the same amount put in her

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
watch this space just got back from loading trucks at work and i'm off to russ's with gift's and hopefully chew fat over pipe (maybe i could become second mule bike at a reduced cost !!:rolling: :rolling: no hang on thats kurts priviledged position i hear .anyway i will be taking the wife who will follow in the jeep so dont want to let her know too much about why the bank accounts gone down :D . without tornado over bank holiday :bawl: :bawl: but glad russ is looking at its 6mm gear etc. I hope i will have the resevoirs on by next weekend as well and then its carbon carbon carbon or maybe yellow tornado via p/x mine in at russ's - choices choices.

·
1,231 Posts
hmmmm

Although it looks lovely I still think the titanium would look better. It looks the dogs danglies on the black/silver though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Will have a go this afternoon and post it some time over the weekend (if I get chance !)

I can do a quick cliip on my mobile - if you want to pm your number I can send that alot quicker than getting camcorder charged up, recording footage, downloading to pc, editing, uploading to youtube etc etc
According to Youtube, you can upload videos direct from your mobile. Looking forward to hearing it!

Phil

·
Father Ted rides a Tre
53 Posts
Hey Kurt,
Just been talking to Explodingtoad who mentioned that the exhaust might be on the quiet side due to UK regulations. Is this the case or does it sound even better and louder than the original?:confused:

Many thanks for the picture of the Benelli from the Bennetts website. Was starting to think that the can wouldn't the suit the green and silver paint, but that picture has put my mind to rest.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I can without shadow of doubt tell you that the stubby Remus is definately louder than the standard can - its not too offensive, but its a louder and deeper sound
Gonna post a clip on line over the weekend at some point - then you can decide for yourself !!!!!

Also, its worth noting that there is a removable baffle on the Remus - I havent removed it yet to listen as I think its nice enough (and loud enough) with the baffle in (bear in mind my last bike was a V twin with Scorpion race cans on it !!!!!)

·
1,231 Posts
second

I would second Kurts sentiments. I think looks wise it just comes down to preference so nobody's opinion is right or wrong on this one. I think it looks okay with green silver but think titanium woudl look better. I will say that Kurts can sounded awesome!!!! It definetely had a different exhaust note than the standard and even Bob's race can. (Bob's sounded awesome on the howl! I didn't get to hear Kurt's at a go pace.) I don't think you would be dissappointed with the raspy exhaust note that the Remus produces.

JR

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Many thanks for the picture of the Benelli from the Bennetts website. Was starting to think that the can wouldn't the suit the green and silver paint, but that picture has put my mind to rest.
I agree, think it'll look great on the Green & Silver. :clap:

Had a close-up look at the Remus cans at Rusty's on Saturday. Had a good look at the brackets waiting to be sent to get powder coated as well, nice. :)

Can't wait ta have mine fitted. :D

It was nice to meet ExJapsteve who was hanging about at Rusty's getting his bike sorted.

While we were there, a call came in saying Kurt was on his way over, funny how the place just emptied. :rolling:

Just kidding Kurt. Sorry I missed you, Nicola (the misses) had been waiting to go shopping for ages and as I had just told Ken to put one of the Remus cans to one side for me, thought it prudent not to hang about for another hour till you turned up. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Russ's shop the place to be !

God Its amazing how many people were in russ's from here on saturday as i went in just after kurt had gone and the place was wall to wall Tornado's in the workshop and i too enquired over a black can for my green/silver and as everyone else viewed brackets etc etc :) .bloke on blackbird pulled up at same time as me and enquired whats it like to which i went into sales mode saying dont delay buy one and if theres the place to be then russ's is where to buy from , bloke viewed and enquired about buying one around an 03 ish to which i told russ he could sell him mine after selling me the yellow one (love that colour thanks to colintornado's i seen).....want that can mod just got to hide the fact i'm buying it from wife :( . my garage has tumbleweed going across it where a nelli should [email protected]@.........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts