Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
filters fit perfectly , see filter post in tornado section
"fitted perfectly, I used a Cooper oil filter part # 1037, its the interchangeable part with a Ryco Z436, they didnt have any ryco in stock when i got it, apart from the little metal tang that helps lock in the hose clamp around the oil filter not coming undone (one of the allen cap screws is super frigging tight) which i bent down a tad to get the lip of the oil filter over it tightened up sweet as. There ya toby "

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, in the US there are no Ryco or Cooper filters available. I can get a K&N that fits the Mazda 323, I'm thinking that might be a match. But I won't know for sure until I buy one and try it out. Probably worth the $10 to do it.
mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alternative Oil Filters - A word of caution

The Ryco Z436 is the only alternative part that has been tested (as far as I know), and shown to be as good or better than the original. (See previous post)

If you want to try one from another manufacturer, it would be a good idea to get it evaluated first. There's enough sad stories on this forum - we don't need another one!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, aussievtr tested the Cooper one, not the Ryco, and it worked perfectly. Here's the K&N one I can get that is a direct replacement for the Hastings LF113 (which was mentioned in a post by Tax Tre):

www.knfilters.com/search/...od=HP-1008

K&N makes very high quality filters for most motorcycles already. I use their filters on my Ducatis and my Suzukis, including my race bike. I'll see if I can find out any of the detailed specs on this filter; if it matches or exceeds the Ryco specs, I would think it would be a more than adequate
replacement.

I can also get the Hastings filter here in the US, just not the Cooper or Ryco. And there's a plethora of other filter manufacturers here that make a matching filter - Fram, AC Delco, Purolator, Bosch, just to name a few...

ciao -
mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another couple of filter manufacturers for the Mazda 323 that fit the Tornado are Mann and Hummel with a W67/1 at £6.52 inc or Wix with a WL7200 at £4.42 inc (Cheapest so far). Both are cross referenced against the K&N HP-1008 and are available from all good Motor Factors.... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts