Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here I am sat in bennets watching two experts at work in a flurry of spanners, grease and banter. they have done more to the bike than has been done in the rest of it's short life. clutch basket coil sticks and loads more. oh and a remus exhuast what a magic crew rusty, kieth and lee. I can't wait to ride it now!!!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so far so good

it certainly sounds nice. well it did when rusty fired it up. he has now disappeared off on a test ride. an hour or two ago!!!!
still can't wait to open it up
and that's with the baffle in

·
Registered
864 Posts
still can't wait to open it up and that's with the baffle in[/QUOTE said:
Go on be a devil and remove the baffle! I'm Just in from a wee run with the Benelli sport exhaust on mine... Kettle on.. ears still ringing.. perfect :p

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Shouldn't you be Lucky Soul ! :bow:

I would be interested to know what the Remus Exhaust looks and sounds like.
Here's photo of Kurt's bike with the Remus fitted

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
here's another pic of Kurt's from the rear (so to speak) ;)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
That Remus looks a bit nifty ! :clap:

How much & where from ?

Robfm

Telephone Bennetts Motorcycles on: (01226) 284293. (Russ)

Email: [email protected]

Price around £350 ish I believe (But Russ will tell you that)

THere is a video on youtube of the Remus can too - search for user Kozif & you should find it (either kosif or kozif - I cant remember and cant search for that whilst at work !!)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
photos

hi guys
I have added some photos to my gallery

http://www.benelliforum.com/cp_album_manage.php?result=updated&subalbum=lostsoul_remuspipe

Nothing Personal Kurt but I reckon it looks better on a (Rapid) Red RS

Just a note Rusty and crew have done a great job, they seem to have cured the engine cutting out as well. Been a real issue with this bike. :ele: :ele:

Now just need some dry roads!!

200miles to do today from Stockport back down south

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I saw you there !!!!!!

well after reading you were in stockport i had said here that a brew was offered as i'm only twenty mins away from stockport, but at 4.30pm i've popped out with the missus to go to a shop down the A6 and what should be coming towards me but a red tornado with remus pipe !!! i was the red L200 on high lane flashing its lights like some mad person and waving frantically and bearing the scoff of said partner calling me sad !!,at least it was drying out for your journey home.good to see another one on the move .:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found a dry road

sorry Mr Angle I missed you.
I tend to be in a world off my own on the bike. but it was me.

Once I got off the A6 - Whaley Bridge to Buxton (Long Hill), the road dryed out big time.
By the way it is one of my favourite altime roads, a lot less police than the Cat and Fiddle or A6.

My usual route home from Bredbury (you will know the difference between that and Stockport) is Long Hill to Buxton, Ashbourne A515 and then A50 to Donnington, Melton Mowbery, Oakham, A1 to A14, (but using the road Parrellel to the 4 lane A1 - much more fun) and then A1198 to Royston and a few miles further and I am home. Gosh that was a long Sentence.

Point being on Thursday night I was coming up and hit rain at Melton Mowbery and a Mossoon at the A50. It was bouncing of the road in Manchester, I have never been so wet on a bike. My boots were still wet inside on Sunday !!

On the way home though - the roads got dryer and dryer the further south I got, and the speed went up and up and up and - you get the picture.

Rusty has done a brilliant job on the bike it is now so sweet, that and having new tyres, BT016 have transformed the bike
I had never been that confident braking into and going round corners on it, where I am on my Beemer.
Shows what a little confidence does for you, I am stopping harder, laying the bike over further and firing it out of corners. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes I am a happy man and I still haven't taken the baffle out !!!!

Cheers

G

·
T 4 2 and 2 T's missed

Long Hill to Buxton, Ashbourne A515
Good grief young man thats 2, count them 2, brews you've missed out on. :doh:
I live 2 miles out of Ashbourne 2wards Leek in Mayfield. The kettle is always on here. Maybe next time your our way on you can call in. :D :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tea makes the wrold go round

Thank you for the offer mr Pony

I wonder how many brews I could srcounge between Stockport and Puckeridge.

I have already been offered 2 and I have only got from Stockport to Ashbourne. As they always say northerners are more Friendly !!

Sat in an Office in Austria working and the roads around here are excellent, good surfaces and bends like not tommorrow, but not the mountain Hairpin type, more the sort that follow twisty rivers if you know what I mean.
Ohh and it is 25 C here and dry.
It's amazing how tyres squeal on a hire car - I wonder if they make them specially

Cheers
Dave

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Dave, As you well know hire cars are the fastest and best handling cars in the world:rolling:

I live 25miles from bennetts so that's another brew you missed:ele:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts