Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the benelli officenne show a tom tom rider sat nat as an option , i have been to see these and the y look ok , except price a little high but ho hum . the question though is on the trek there is a satnav bracket centre of the the head stock . does anyone no does a standard halfords purchase of this sat nav connect to this bracket or do you have to purchase direct through benelli ?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Spooky...

Richard

I test-rode the bike you bought a few weeks ago, and while I was getting the money together it was sold (to you). I just bought an identical bike to that today, and am doing that 'first wash, adjust things' ritual. I've just come to my computer to try to work out how to fit my TomTom to the knob on the top yoke.. What are the chances? I've been digging through the fittings, and nothing looks obvious, but hopefully someone out there has the answer, and will put a picture up.

I had an 80 mile ride home on the bike, but stretched it to 130, as I was having so much fun. Not as hairy as my old TNT (r.i.p.), but sooo much kinder on the bones. I'll be taking it to Italy in 6 weeks, so we'll see how reliable it is. Immediately I noticed it has none of the hot-starting troubles the TNT had, and while the suspension is soft, it doesn't bottom out, and feels much better than a firm sportsbike over rough tarmac. Mine has only a few hundred miles on it, so has the OEM 'pretend you can go off road' tyres on it. I'm not sure whether to let them wear out, or change for sports touring (Avon Storms) straight away. Any comments?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Richard

I test-rode the bike you bought a few weeks ago, and while I was getting the money together it was sold (to you). I just bought an identical bike to that today, and am doing that 'first wash, adjust things' ritual. I've just come to my computer to try to work out how to fit my TomTom to the knob on the top yoke.. What are the chances? I've been digging through the fittings, and nothing looks obvious, but hopefully someone out there has the answer, and will put a picture up.

I had an 80 mile ride home on the bike, but stretched it to 130, as I was having so much fun. Not as hairy as my old TNT (r.i.p.), but sooo much kinder on the bones. I'll be taking it to Italy in 6 weeks, so we'll see how reliable it is. Immediately I noticed it has none of the hot-starting troubles the TNT had, and while the suspension is soft, it doesn't bottom out, and feels much better than a firm sportsbike over rough tarmac. Mine has only a few hundred miles on it, so has the OEM 'pretend you can go off road' tyres on it. I'm not sure whether to let them wear out, or change for sports touring (Avon Storms) straight away. Any comments?
You have to put the storms on they make a hell of a difference to the stability of the bike.

Also watch out for hot starting I. mine has been in dock for two weeks with alternater and starter problems, Both being repaced under warrenty. She has only done 4400 miles in 12 months

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tyres

Hey Robin, There are better handling road tyres out there but unless you're an absolute maniac or you want to do track days the OEM's are plenty good for chip/seal wet and dry. Might as well get your monies worth out of them. I got nearly 7000km out of the rear before wire showed and I had them on the edge many times. About to fit Conti Road Attacks.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
storms on mine as you no , there good but im no carl foggy. need to sort the sat nav out though this bracket thing is doing my head in

·
Registered
332 Posts
Satnav Mount Options

Richard

I've got a TomTom Rider 1. The fitting kit isn't enough to fit to the knob on the top yoke. On my TNT and Tuono I used a fitting that bolts to the tank cap - quite secure, still lets you open the cap. Here are the parts you need -

Ebay item 360145028935 and 360035045365 from Evotech Performance. The mount is advertised as Aprilia and Triumph, but it fits exactly, see pic below on my TNT.

If I come up with a better method, I'll put a picture up.

·
Registered
332 Posts
picture of TomTom fitted to Tre-K

Here it is fitted. Off for a trial run tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he y they look good got mine with a bit of adjustment fabricating etc to the bracket on top yoke ,went on trial run and it got me lost lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mounted a Garmin on my Trek.

Check out gpscity.com. They have prefabricated mounts for just about every type of device you could ever want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts