Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

New here and fascinated with the Tre K. I have been thinking about picking up an Aprilia Caponord, or even and older GSPD. Then, I saw this thing.

Now everything else looks like old school to me. A very exciting piece of machinery.

I have read through most of the Tre posts I could find on here about it.

But would love to hear more from folks that actually own or at least have ridden one.

Thanks in advance,

Walt,

·
keeft
70 Posts
Walt,

I have the first, and currently the only (I think) one registered and on the road in USA. Done almost 1000 trouble free miles. Bike is awesome to ride, comfortable, very punchy, great sound and very neutral sports-bike like handling. Its not a Caponard/GS etc, its a standard street bike, is nothing like a "big trailie" to sit on or ride. To me its like a more restrained, less brutal TnT designed for over 40's rider :rolling: :rolling:

7 TreK's came into the country last September (silver/black and green/silver). Since then none except for Amazonas, again another small number.

Only issue I have had is getting any type of spare part, it always takes at least 2 weeks min (oil filter) and 4 months for a mirror assembly.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
its great bike and well worth a look im well pleased with mine yes we all find a few niggles but all of us want differant things from our rides i will be changing a few items to suit me more but im going to keep this bike a while i cant wait to get out on it .:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys,

I took the afternoon off and went to my local dealer about 1.5 hours away.

As luck would have it, he had an Amazonas sitting on the floor right next to a 2006 Capo.

Very nice, edgy looking steed indeed. I fit that over 40 demographic. But I must say that seat is up there! Not willing to move much on the price. However he was quite flexible on the Capo. I think I might head that route for the time being and see what lays ahead for Benelli USA.

I must say though the TRE K is one sexy scoot. And I see one in my future.
Man I liked that thing. Are the standard TRE Ks any lower seat wise?

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Welcome Lostviking
I don't know what price they quoted you, but there is a dealer on ebay that has a buy it now or reserve price. New Hampshire Ebay Link
When I was looking for a Cafe Racer they had one for $13800.00
They have the Amazonas as well.

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paul,

Followed your lead and called the dealer you mentioned. Seem like nice folks.

As luck would have it, they are having an open house next weekend with the Benelli trailer for demo rides. About 4 hours from me but might be worth the trip.

I think the TRE K might be too high, might have to look at the CR or the Standard.

Thanks for the lead,

·
keeft
70 Posts
The std TreK spec seat height in 820mm, and according to Benelli specs it has less front and rear suspension travel than the Amazonas which should mean a lower seat height.

I'm 6ft with a 32 inch inseam, and my std TreK is the perfect height, both feet flat on the ground.

There are two dealers in NH that have a number of TnT's and even Cafe's in stock, they have been active on Ebay as the units are 2007's and 2008's must be on there way!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ive got an 08 trek and had a ride in both the standard and the Amazonas Didn,t like the Ama too high and a bit top heavy. Dne 700 miles on mine and loved every minute bit tough on the but so bought a gel pad for relief. Picking it up from the dealer after 1st service tomorrow so hoping for a more sparky ride. And it loks great with the matching Givvi Panniers. Cost £8500 in UK

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is some confusion over seat height on the Amazonas. I've seen it quoted in several tests as 840 which is the Tre-K height. I levelled my Ama up and checked the height at 890. That's high, as you soon find out when you climb up on it! I'm 6'2" with a 33" inside leg (trousers anyway!) and get the sole of my feet down but as Glen says, it feels a bit top heavy - but only, I think, because you can't plant you feet solidly on the road. It's fine for me, but any loose gravel or slippy surface and I get nervous. First service I hope to lose some of that long travel and screw the suspension down a wee bit. Might help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dadog thanks for the info. Yes, thats up there!

The TRE felt very light on top to me. After handling the Capo.

I would imagine some of the Amazonas top heavy feel could be contributed to the height.

Thanks,

Walt,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts