Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tax, what difference have you noticied with the standard and sbk screen, quieter, less beffering etc, I thought the RS would come standard with it but some have them and some dont????, the brochure though was made early 04 (mine a 5/04 so they should have them. contacted Johnny O about it ,waiting on his reply. Also were the bloody tool kit go on the bike ?, or does'nt it??, seems to have no storage space at all?, would'nt mind a bit of room for camera and disc lock for when I'm out riding :eek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Aus,

OK comments below,

Tax, what difference have you noticied with the standard and sbk screen, quieter, less beffering etc,

Only rode once after the installation of the WSB item, and it was on the windiest day in Sydney, nearly got blown of 5 times whilst on a ride with the local MC club.

The bubble in the middle of the screen is 8 cm higher than the standard, more suited for riding in a tucked in position as the wind deflection is higher.

Personally after fitment, I think the standard screen looks much nicer from side on view.

I thought the RS would come standard with it but some have them and some dont????, the brochure though was made early 04 (mine a 5/04 so they should have them. contacted Johnny O about it ,waiting on his reply.

GOOD LUCK.

I got the last WSB screen of Johnny O so unless Benelli ship in more parts from the factory there will be some wait time in between.

Also were the bloody tool kit go on the bike ?, or does'nt it??, seems to have no storage space at all?, would'nt mind a bit of room for camera and disc lock for when I'm out riding

No Sir,

The reply I got when I first bought my Tre two years ago re the question of not finding neutral gear whilst running was that it was a 'race bike' and as such did not need neutral on the track and I would presume in this egotistic Italian way of thinking..they must have thought that the tool kit is best left in the Pit garage and need not be carried onto the race track.

As for the lock, I used to carry one around in my pocket.

Still use it for overnight and long term parking but place faith in the exhorbitant insurance premiums I pay.

Funny how a $70K 4WD costs only $900 to fully insure and the $35K bike costs $1800 a year to insure. A bloody rort if you ask me.

What's the cheapest you have been quoted for insurance and on what is the sum insured for and who with.

Thanks
Tax

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: insurance

Which state are you in?

They quoted me $1810 on $30K last afternoon with 60% NCB.

How can mine be double?

Held Bike licence for 19 years. No claims.

Who should I speak to?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
insurance /Alternate oil filter.

I'm in Western Oz, western QBE has this beat any quote offer on at the moment, Shannons offered me 12 months for $950.00 with "extreme limited useage" aparently less than 5k a year travelled, distance wise. Will try out the oil filter option soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts