Benelli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'am looking for a new helmet. I searched:hat the web for a helmet in Benelli style (silver/green), but till now I haven't found one. Has someone a good idea or suggestion??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Try buying a decent helmet that comes in a plain colour and have it custom sprayed to your own design. I bought a race replica lid based on Tohru Ukawa's design when he was in motogp and I paid quite a bit extra just for the paint job. Looking back, I wish I had just paid someone to do a custom design as that would mean much more to me as well as being more original.
Other than that idea I don't think you can buy a lid with a Benelli design on it:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Helmets

www.richartconcepts.co.uk/

This is the website for the guy who paints helmets for arai. Best paint work I have ever seen on a helmet. He does the one off jobs for Arai and a load of racers. He has a design for mine to be done this summer to match my LE. It was 350 GBPs. If someone lets me know where to email a copy of the pics to or how to post a pic Ill get the design he made up on the board.

John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Helmets

Z1R makes a green/silver/black helmet that looks like it would go well with the Benelli colors:

www.motostrano-store.com/...tblhe.html

Yes, a lot of folks will scoff at an $89 helmet, but this helmet has received top safety ratings. I haven't bought one yet but I'm seriously thinking about it rather than spend upwards of $500 for another Arai.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Matching Helmet

And as per usual ... laurence comes up trumps:rollin I seen that pic ages ago and for the life of me I couldn't remember which site I saw it on. Laurence ... you are de man;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want those leathers!!!

Evidently Benelli had someone make those leather jackets in the pics. If anyone knows where to get them or someone that can make them that color please post so i can get in touch and have some made.

John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You posing git johnyrottin!

I can't believe that you would actually want to be seen in a set of leathers that matched your bike. Come on buddy, wake up and smell the coffee! Your bike is stunning enough as it is without you having to match it as well:eek
So stop trying to pose and just enjoy being a tornado owner|I

Pssst...... If you do find out where you can get them remember and drop me a line too buddy. I reckon I would look gorgeous in green:lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good point mate

Still having the helmet done because i love the forest green colour. Otherwise, I do need new leathers so I am going to take a ride to the Hein Gerhike (spelling) store for some silver and black ones.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Good point mate

Thanks you all for the helmet ideas. The pic of the helmet laurence posted looks very nice. Only the green color seems not to be right (looks to dark for me)

Here is an adress for a taylor who can make a leather suite like you want:

www.sander-duren.nl/

(sorry the site is in dutch)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Good point mate

So are you going to go out and buy a new lid rather than have one custom painted JR?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New lid with the paint

I am having a new lid done with a silver/green paint scheme done by Richart Designs. Its a little expensive but I will be the only kid on the block with that design (ie nobody anywhere will have the same one)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
benelli sport

the old, now closed benelli sport site had a whole bunch of casual and riding gear, I'm waitng on a new clothing shipment to OZ to get some gear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: benelli sport

Here's the link for the clothing section for the Benelli ...

Benelli clothing

I thought that they might have done full leathers so I guess it's back to the drawing board for me:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Custom Helmets

Troy Lee does some amazing custom designs in the US. He handles a lot of MotoGPers, Nascar, Motocross, etc. He also designs several Shoei and Arai lids.

Just get a white RX-7 Corsair, let him know what you want and he'll do the rest.

www.troyleedesigns.com/paint/index.php

-BULL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: I found more pics of Benelli leathers

Follow this linky ... Jammy bugger and you will find more of the pics that Laurence found of those Benelli leathers:eek Just go to Motorcycles and then down to Benelli and tahdah .... there you have it;)

I looked this bloke up who modelled the leathers, check out his garage :b Nice garage

Al

1 - 18 of 18 Posts