Benelli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a pic of my rs seat I have just covered with suede black pigskin,I thought the vinyl looked a bit naf. Only cost £19 on ebay and shared with my mate so only cost under a tenner each.:)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I like the look of that Colin, but just exactly how do you fit the 'pigskin' then ?

My mate bought a gixer6 all tricked up and that has something similar - I have looked at it and cant figure out how you do it without risking ballsing up the seat unit?

Kurt

·
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seat

Hi kurt, I just streched over the top of original and stapled on. the nicks on the side are a bit ackward ! My mates gsxr1000 will be easy I think.

·
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Hector, I will take some more pics when i get in from work.
There are two pics in my gallery.

·
Old Member
61 Posts
seat covers

I had my seat covered but it cost a bit more, about £105, by a company
called p and p seating in Birmingham.
After a couple of days at 300 to 400 miles on a trip to France (I know it's not a tourer) I could barely walk, and the trip back (after 5 day's) included riding side saddle up the A3.
They repadded it slightly and it still looks ok on the bike but makes hell of a difference.

·
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
seat

Here is a link to more pics.http://colintornado.piczo.com/?preview=y&g=33493405&cr=4&rfm=y
The stapler i have used is rubbish, but i will let it settle a bit then I will stretch and restaple with my heavyduty stapler(when i find some staples that fit !) I may also glue around the edge like the original is. The tnt may be easier ? (just looked perhaps not ?)
I did see on the mv site a place that covers seats with suede or alcantara (waterproof artificial suede) I think about £70 ??

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Looks like a pretty nice job to me Colin................now where did I put that spare chamois leather?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts