Benelli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone given any thought to making a plate to replace the pillion seat so that the cowl could be used as a storage space? Since the cowl is just snapped over the pillion seat, and I never actually use the pillion seat, it would be nice to have something flat in place of the seat to free up a little space inside the cowl. I guess one could buy a second pillion seat and remove the cushion part and any other unnecessary bulk but I'd bet that would cost lots of $$ from Benelli... just like everything else.

Just a silly idea that popped into my head in the garage today.... probably from breathing too much exhaust.... :D

mark

·
5,891 Posts
Not so silly Mark. That's just about the first mod I did to mine. I had to be able to carry a fair bit of stuff for trips away, so I made up a rack that clips into the pillion seat position. On long trips, I add 2 side racks that carry tent and air mattress. Have a look at it HERE.
The rack is a one off , with aluminium rails bent by eye, and took ages to make. I've been thinking about a composite replacement - carbon fibre would look trick - but maybe someone else will do it before me. It would be lighter & easier to make.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts