Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm the actual seat height of my 07 CR?

Most specs say it's 780mm but I read an article mentioning a height of 820mm. Being a short-arse mine does feel a bit high for 780mm (Feet not quite flat to the ground)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Having just grabbed a tape measure I can confirm its pretty close to the 820mm. With that said though sitting on the bike it doesnt feel even close to this when compared to other bikes of similar seat height (ie current Triumphs).

Im only 5'10" and my feet are flat.

AJH

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking a tape-measure to you bike, much appreciated.

Well I'm a proper short-arse at 5"6 and it would be nice if the bike was a tad lower, not the end of the world as things are but lower would be better.

Is there an adjustment that can be made? I'm really miffed by this as almost all sites with spec lists say the Tnt's are 780mm. (If adjustable then 780mm is lowest setting.)

·
5,934 Posts
The Tornado is high as well & I'm not much taller than you.

What I did was drop the forks through the triple clamps by 10 mm (3rd ring down), and reduced the rear pre-load by 10mm. I'm 70kg, so no issues with sag.

You could probably do the same on the CR.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm 5'6" as well and I had the dealer lower it for me before I took delivery.
A GSXR linkage was used in the rear and the forks were slide up a coresponding amount. I'm not flat footed but darn near. The narrow front part of the seat make the TNT easier to get both feet down.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys, I'll get this sorted when I take her in for the Termi exhaust, DNA filter and re-map work.

One last thing, can anyone recommend a decent tail-tidy for the Tnt?

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
I got this one in the USA, but it is made in Italy by MSP components.
www.motovationusa.com

you will need the number plate light as well.

Paul

·
Registered
332 Posts
ride height

One thing worth checking is the chain adjustment mechanism - if the spindle is at 12 o'clock vs 6 o'clock, the ride height is a bit higher. Or lower. Also some shocks have a degree of adjustment. I think the TNT is forgiving for the shorter rider because the seat and tank are so slim where they join - your legs can go straight down, not out to get around the tank.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers Robin, I'll have a look at that over the weekend.

I see you're a Londoner too, where do you get your tnt serviced? Although I'm in north London I'm probably going to use Reddog in Kent as they are the nearest dealer to me that appear to have a decent reputation.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Seat Height

Hi

I've used Red Dog, and also Harry Nash in Hammersmith. Is your bike Keith's old bike (red one)? Keith has a bike garage near King's Cross, might be Acton Street.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No Robin, I've got an 07 Cafe Racer, with just 600 miles on it. Bought it from Pegasus in Reading. They are pretty useless and just happned to acquire the bike through the trade. The first owner was someone is south wales according to the log-book.

I'm now dealing with Reddog in Kent, they seem pretty good. Just waiting to hear back from them with regards to pricing for a termi-exaust solution that won't invalidate the remainder of the 2-year warranty from Benelli.

Looking forward to getting the bike checked out by people who know the Tnt inside-out, I'm convinced she's not breathing and drinking as well as she could be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts