Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mid Life Crisis
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You could'nt make it up !

Decided to SORN the Benelli at the end of September so thought I'd go for one last blast before the tax ran out.
Always keep the Nelli on the Optimate and the hard wired connector plug has been acting up so have been using crocodile clips directly on the battery.
Removed the clips, replaced the seat hump and set off....you can guess the rest.
Half a mile from home doing about 70ish on a local lane felt something pressing in my back. Oh sh*t..the sea humps coming off !!
Reached round (bad mistake) and knocked the damn thing off with my hand.
Glance in the mirrors reveals it bouncing down the road.
Bottom line... damage to the paint in places shown on the photo.
Good news was I'd covered most of the panels in Venture Shield....only damage occurred where this was not fitted. Hate to think what it would have looked like if I hadn't done this.
Morals of the story -
1) Venture shield...expensive but the dogs danglers.
2) Always double check the seat hump is properly locked in place
3) If it does start to come off, STOP....don't try to gab it!!

So...can anyone help with a source for the Benelli RS Yellow.

(Any chance of that e-mail Russ ?)

·
Mid Life Crisis
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Benelli Paint

Only if it's metallic.:rolling:

·
Registered
187 Posts
This happened to me about a month ago. Was travelling along the M5 and felt the seat hump against my back. Thought I was sitting further back in the seat or something until I reached round and felt that the hump was flopping about :doh: Stopped quick and re fitted it. The problem is, the spring that pulls back the release cable isnt that strong so the catch doesnt always go back to position correctly. Whenever I put the hump back on now I turn the key as if I want to remove the seat which ensures the hump catch is correctly located, if that makes sense. :)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
RS Paints can supply base, undercoat and top coat. Link below.

http://www.motorbikepaint.co.uk/

They have just moved from Barnsley and they have changed their telephone number to - 01707273219 :)

·
Mid Life Crisis
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RS Paint

Thanks matey...I'll give 'em a try.
:clap:

G

·
Bugger

Hi matey

Your paint name and code are on the bottom of your rear seat unit.
If they have been removed let me know and i'll get the codes off of the bottom of mine cuz i'm rite nice like that..
Us yellow nelli lovers have to stick togethr against the mass of "ORDINARY" nelli paint lovers ya know. They have NO taste :rolling:

·
Mid Life Crisis
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have to agree....Yellow RS's - rarer than LE's according to Rusty Russ !!:bow:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Have to agree....Yellow RS's - rarer than LE's according to Rusty Russ !!:bow:
Quite correct!

I believe there were approx 150+ Red Rs and approx Only 28 or 30 Yellow RS???
Maybe someone who has a definitive answer will be able to help on this??

G

·
Me ?????

Well i hate to blow my own trumpet (insert your own Ron Jeramy jokes) but

Manly chin, buldging biceps, big shoulders, 6 pack abbs & tree trunk legs its

definatly NOT me :D

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
so i got the last yellow 1 :clap: i'm a happy chappy its great having people stop & stare as you ride past :D my mates don't get that on their boring R1's :rolling:

·
1,231 Posts
Sparks

Well I have to disaggree with you there sparkey...I do stop and stare when I see R1s and other Jap bikes go by. Then I either yawn or ask myself why did they buy that? Oh, and sometimes I get really randy and do both!

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: nice one pal :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts