Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My seat isn't mounted firmly. I see there are bolt holes in the tank as below that something goes into, but I don't know what - they've always been missing on my bike. If anyone gets a minute, perhaps you could post a picture of what's meant to be there, and some dimensions and description, so I can find something suitable. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tank seat locator.

Hi all. New to forum but I am in Sydney Australia and the three TRE-K's I;ve seen don't have them either. I believe they need them though to minimise seat vibration wearing away the paint on the tank. Cheers all. Glen

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi lads
just looked at mine and that is the same, looks like there is a bit moulded into seat to sit on it , but think it should have something, does Mr White know the answer?
Forby

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
seat mount tabs

Hi Tuono

Do you have a picture please?

thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
closeup?

Hi Tuono

Thanks for the pictures, but I can't really make it out. Can anyone post a picture close enough so I can make something up? I'd order a pair from Benelli blind, but I don't think they'll ever come..

Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks

Hi Tuono

Thanks, perfect images. I'll have a go at making some.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i bet you can be ,i have asked while mines in for them to get me a set on mine i have always thought something was missing from this area .So what else has yours got that no one else has please tell .

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Well I've got 'em :D " little metal tags that the seat sort of locates on. Suspicious that somethingf else is missing though. My seat seems to bend in the middle more than I think it should, like the things not supported on the seat frame properly. An no, it's not my weight ;)

Ash

·
Registered
290 Posts
Not something else I have to complain about. :doh:

Just a thought when we buy these bikes are they bought through a magazine subscription and you get all the bits on a weekly basis with the mag. looks like the last issue was the seat pins :rolling: :ele:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine are missing too! How many people would have bought there Benelli if they had read this forum first? I'm new to the forum and new to Benelli. I cant believe some of the problems I've read about. Coming from a Suzuki and Aprillia(an Italian bike that works,its not there motor though(Rotax), funny about that) its quite a shock. My bike has been very good so far , fingers crossed.

I just watched a review on YOUTUBE between a Trek, Tiger,Ducati and KTM. Guess what came last? They pretty much hated it. I disagree, but i havent ridden the others. Good idea not too?

I just keep telling myself they havent got any soul.....makes me feel better.

Did the buyers from Australia receive a tool kit with there Trek?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Tre K, mate you've got me confused?????

Mine are missing too! How many people would have bought there Benelli if they had read this forum first? I'm new to the forum and new to Benelli. I cant believe some of the problems I've read about. Coming from a Suzuki and Aprillia(an Italian bike that works, not there motor though, funny about that) its quite a shock. My bike has been very good so far , fingers crossed.
re the Aprilia comment, what's enough to make it work? the motor of any bike is a major item in my opinion.

Regards

Tuono

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sorry, i mean't the engine in my Aprillia Tuono wasnt made by Aprillia. Its made by Rotax for them.Thats why its such a reliable bike, it dosent have an Italian engine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts