Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, was digging about in the garage yesterday thinking about going for a spin (yup, Ferret made me feel guilty for being a fairweather) and noticed when I took the seat off that the moldings in the seat base seem to have started cutting agroove in the base of the tank at the back. If you look underneath the front of the seat there's sort of a ridge/molding line which seems to be meeting the tank just in front of the battery. i've always suspected my seat deformed more than it should so i'm a bit concerned. Anybody else seem similar. Will try to catch it on a photo but it doesn't show up well.
cheers,
Ash

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
You sure its the seat deformed as i think my tank is as the bloody covers wont go back on easy, even with only 2 rubber mountings

I think my tank is long:doh:

·
Registered
248 Posts
There is also supposed to be two metal parts(tags) that attach to the two holes in the rearsides of the tank that nobody seems to have? It holds the front of the seat to the tank. My tank mounts are a bit tight to. More Italian character?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
SO sorry Ashley for making you feel like a big woooosee LOL but as regards your seat the retaining lugs that should be on the tank in theory should restrict the movement of your seat .However the main retainer the one near the battery can sometimes not locate correctly but still locks down this does cause the tank to get marked up very easily .I know this because its happened to me ,I am still waiting for the locating luggs to come from moto gb .

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. The lugs are there but it's a bit weird. like the rails are too low. Not sure what the 2 rubber stops undewr the seat are supposed to rest on but it's as though they're not sat on anything. I've also just noticed that the black placstic cover that sits behind the ignition key seems proud where it meets the tank. I'm sure it wasn't and used to be a nice snug fit. It's almosty like the whole tanks moved down a tad? Looked a t a couple of second hand treks and some seem loose and others tight (like I'm sure mine was?):confused:

Ash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts