Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Benelli isn't going to take care of us than I will!!!!!!! Ducati has their world Ducati Week now we will have our annual World Benelli Weekend!!!!

Yes folks, back by popular demand, it is now the second annual Benelli-Que. Thats right, if you missed the first one then the second is a must. I will be organizing this one early as it will involve a bit of travel from the gloomy weather conditions of Europe to the sunny, dry, sand white beaches of.........FLORIDA!!!! Yes, start planning your trips now for May2nd and 3rd weekend to be in the Pensacola, Navarre, Ft. Walton Beach, Florida area at this time. Not sure what we are going to organize yet but once again yours truely will be jamming my meat into your yappers! I know not all will be able to bring bikes over but if one of our English brethren want to work with a shipper and see if we can get a mass rate there and back. I am more than willing to store them in my garage during the interim between shipping and returning. And this time noone gets to back out last minute!!! (And noone is allowed to crach their bikes into poles on round-abouts either) If so desired, we can change the date to accomodate more folks. I was actually thinking about the Datona 500 weekend so that we had a major event to attend. Or, if desired, I can work out something so we can make a mass trip up to a motocycle museum at http://www.barbermuseum.org/ ...what a place!!! Maybe we can schedule a little track time for all that bring their bikes. I'll see what I can do. Lets get an idea of who is interested in attending and get the word out to all Nelli owners, not just Tornado's. So lets get the word out and get some feedback as to preferred dates. Must be a weekend so majority will have it off!!!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Holy Mary mother of all things green and silver JR. Three post all saying the same thing:confused: You've been at that negative G again haven't you:D You can be my wing man anytime;)

Al (Likes to pull something ... but not negative G's:D)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Johhny,

I'll answer this thread, probably best topic area to be all inclusive.

I'll have to plan finances in advance and work out my time, BUT at this moment it's looking favourable Here's a few thoughts I have:

My instinct tells me there's no chance of bringing the bike. Probably better to hire 2-wheeled transport. Besides chances are not good on them arriving in 1-peice

Had a quick look at flights, but can't search for May 2009. Looking at other dates seem to bring up prices £400 - £500. Would be best to avoid UK holiday periods to allow better flight deals.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If people, say, flew into Washington and hired some bikes, then the Blue Ridge Way would probably be in the right direction wouldnt it ? About 1000 Miles, and 3ish days of twisty, and very picturesque, riding from all accounts.

I say hire, becuase Seafreight looks tricky. Unfortunately the choice of hire in the US in general appears to be a Harley ... or a different Harley.

Aarron

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
If people, say, flew into Washington and hired some bikes, then the Blue Ridge Way would probably be in the right direction wouldnt it ? About 1000 Miles, and 3ish days of twisty, and very picturesque, riding from all accounts.

I say hire, becuase Seafreight looks tricky. Unfortunately the choice of hire in the US in general appears to be a Harley ... or a different Harley.

Aarron
Does anyone have any ideas on costs to hire a bike for a week?

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
$1000 for a week there bob as an average (dependant on what you want to ride) and i have three hire companies to hand if required(www.eaglerider.com is one) , I want to go but dont see going on the benelli a good idea as the thought of it doing a "Napoli" (being raided off a beach by some pretend salvagers!!!). i used to arrange shipment years ago of exhibition stands across countries and sometimes it was a nightmare fighting shipping agents to get items released !!. We could all do harleys with Benelli Bandanas across Wild Hog Style.:rolling:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Angus, had a look online for bike hire. I could only find Harleys at $750/week. That equates to £400 atm. Not too convinced about hiring bikes. But once Johnny's settled in he may be able to find cheaper hire rates.
It all depends what we plan to do. My info is that Floridas roads are straight and flat. Not exactly fun roads :(
e.g. Daytona Beach is 424 miles from Ft Walton Beach and would prob take 2 days on Harleys in warm-hot temps. Car hire may be the better option to share a large saloon with A/C then the journey would be easy.

Flights to Pensacola from Manchester seem quite expensive (£450+). An option could be flight to Sanford (Orlando) which are less than £300 especially if we were to visit Daytona. Sanford to Daytona Beach is 37 miles. Johnny's to Sanford is 450 miles.

Lots of options to consider.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Flights to Sanford Florida are the cheapest. Thomas Cook has charters that are dirt cheap to get here(others are too). 20 minutes to my house and 40 to Daytona Beach from there. A car is actually more fun during bikeweek than a bike. Don't have to worry about the bike, and your there to see everyone else's stuff anyway. Besides, there are a half million Harleys there anyway, why add to the trash pile(sorry Johnny). Of course, you could always be a rebel and join the herd:) . Don't forget about the races all week too. And of course the beach and half naked ladies(The Harley women should not be allowed to dress like that, most have bigger bellies than the men).

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ride length

I made the trek to Joe's this weekend. It took me 7.5 hours so it is an easy days ride. I will talk to the Harley dealer about rentals and see what the price is with a "military" discount.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok, I would have preferred to fly to Europe for this but it would still be fun to be able to ride down to FL from Montreal.

I've got it penciled and hope that the TNT will not break down by then. :D

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Harley...taste the difference.

Flights to Sanford Florida are the cheapest. Thomas Cook has charters that are dirt cheap to get here(others are too). 20 minutes to my house and 40 to Daytona Beach from there. A car is actually more fun during bikeweek than a bike. Don't have to worry about the bike, and your there to see everyone else's stuff anyway. Besides, there are a half million Harleys there anyway, why add to the trash pile(sorry Johnny). Of course, you could always be a rebel and join the herd:) . Don't forget about the races all week too. And of course the beach and half naked ladies(The Harley women should not be allowed to dress like that, most have bigger bellies than the men).

Nothing wrong with Harleys dog...;)
I last owned a Vrod, 1250 VRSCX to you. 1450 Duece, 1340 Road king, and 2 1450/1340 FLHTCUI ultra's.
They are great long distance tools, I strongly recomend a Harley hire, great fun...don't knock it till you've tried one.:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts