Benelli Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm picking up my new CR this weekend and am considering getting an immobiliser fitted. I've read that Benelli make one and that the bike has sockets or something so they can be attached.

Does anyone have an immobiliser fitted ? if so, what is it, how much, how good do you think it is ? does it drain the battery ? etc, etc.

ciao
Derek

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I have an Abletronics Pro Absoloute fitted to my Tre for bout 18months now - even after not being on trickle charge or firing the bike up over 2 months during winter- it burst into life no problem when I did eventually fire her up.
I understand that after 2 weeks of the alarm being untouched it goes into a 'sleep' type mode and uses even less juice.
(it was also more insurance discount than the Datatool one i was going to go for)

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Hi Derek,

The Abletronics Pro Absoloute is really a re-badged unit from Gemel (model no. SrL E587 T) which is a sister company of Meta Alarms.

Meta also do a unit that is almost identical to the Gemel Alarm (model no. M357 tv2) which I guess should also be suitable as a plug in unit.
see http://www.bikesecure.co.uk/pages/alarm_meta.html

The alarm socket on the Tornado wiring loom is located at the front right hand side of the bike. I'm not sure if it is also positioned there on the TNT's though

http://www.bikesecure.co.uk/pages/alarm_meta.html

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
:bow:

Bloody hell Lawrence

Is there anything that you dont know ! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Ye great font of all knowledge - I think I shall just PM you any technical biker related queries from now on :D :D

I gotta admit I am impressed you know all that :clap: :clap:

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Kurt, me old son..... you'd be amazed at what I don't know mate :rolling:

Glad you were impressed just the same though :)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Kurt, Laurie has far too much time on his hands;) I bet he's shit hot at pub quizzes though:rolling:

Al (A little dimmer than Laurence:eek:)

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Anybody care to test me on music of the seventies then? :rolling: (and we'll be having no 'ageism' jokes from you Lloyd!!!!)

Hang on a minute though......I thought this thread was about 'Security and Immobilisers' :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the Benelli (Gemel/Meta rebadge) alarm and its damn fine. 1000 times better than the datatool on my laverda.

The fob isnt too big, and has a single button. Press once for on, press once for off, press and hold to arm without motion sensor (petrol, ferry, etc). 20 second rearm.

It shuts down into low power mode over winter and just waits for the key to be turned in the bike before kicking back in again.

I havent once had a wind enduced activation in 3 years. However I have forgotton to disarm it a couple of times and the siren is very loud, especially in the shed where it actually uncomfortably loud.

It can go off when jetwashed, but has never failed to dissarm.

Aarron

·
903 Posts
I've got one for sale!

I have a Gemmel alarm for sale if anyone is interested with both keypads with instruction booklet and certificate. This come off of my old Nellie which passed away, it's totally unmarked and fully operational.

I kept this for someone who promised me they wanted it but now doesn't!

I agree with what Aarron says, it is a good alarm.

PM me if you are interested.:D

Laurence two things, 1) My trike has an engine. 2) I don't mock the aflicted!:rolling:

Now a very old biker!:bawl:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Here's the best link I've found so far:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-alarms/
I dont know where you are based, but the I cant remember the company name I used to supply and fit me alarm, but the guy who fitted it works freelance for various companies and told me if I have any other bikes that need alarms then to call him direct and would save me at least £50+
He is based in Nottingham area if your not too far away ??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Down here in Australia Maaaate ! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

·
president
1,009 Posts
lloyd what are you on

lloyd....................i still want the alarm its going on the 1130...................everytime i ring you....you are not in..............i have left countless messages..................please do not sell my alarm ...........i pick up new nelli in 3 weeks you silly old sausage you........................

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

love sharky

·
Registered
113 Posts
alarm

Hi drekka, The gemel alarm will only plug into the tornado 900 and early tnt's. The 06 onwards models have a new style alarm connector .A plug in system is currently under development, Any competent alarm installer can hardwire to this connector if required. Due to security reasons the location of the connector is top secret. (contact BRIAN H for further assistance) :)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I've heard the best security for any bike is to get 2 x 1.5 metre leads, starve your testosterone injected Rottweillers for three weeks, then loop one lead through the front wheel and one through the back (on opposite sides of the bike to stop them fighting each other!) then just walk away from the bike - you can even leave your keys in the ignition as well - saves losing the bloody key!:D

Andy

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
1 - 17 of 17 Posts