Benelli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1978 750 sei
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to paint the tank/side covers on my 750 sei.
Originally, they were hand striped black/white (black on top).

The easiest would be to put a basecoat down, then use a compatiable pinstripe ‘sticker’- then clear over that. No way I can paint those by hand.

alternately, I would need to get white and black paint (already need to get black anyway). Spray one, tape off, spray other- tape off. Then spray main colour, taking off tape when paint is set- but not TOO set.
Clear over the whole works.

I’ve done that with larger since colour stripes, but never with two small ones right next to each other.

I had some gold pinstripe stick-on, so I tried it on my spare tank. Just to see what it looks like. I sort of like it.

Open to ideas.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

·
Registered
765 Posts

The easiest would be to put a basecoat down, then use a compatiable pinstripe ‘sticker’- then clear over that. No way I can paint those by hand.

alternately, I would need to get white and black paint (already need to get black anyway). Spray one, tape off, spray other- tape off. Then spray main colour, taking off tape when paint is set- but not TOO set.

I’ve done that with larger since colour stripes, but never with two small ones right next to each other.

I had some gold pinstripe stick-on, so I tried it on my spare tank. Just to see what it looks like. I sort of like it.

Open to ideas. View attachment 37146

Open to ideas. View attachment 37146
thats what I did on my 354 !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts