Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my Cafe Racer - I'm lucky enough to own a 1976 Tornado 650 S2 that used to belong to my brother and needs a labour of love full restoration, having been in boxes for the last thirty odd years - The CR was one of the last ones made and wasn't assembled until 2012 and was bought new by its other owner who did 134 miles on it before putting it into a private collection - I bought it in April of 2014 and have done 17,000 mostly dry miles on it - this bike has been loved and is in beautiful condition and totally original except for the wheel colour and a stainless exhaust system.
I had the wheels powder coated gold but only as a colour change, they were in perfect condition and didn't need any preparation before the powder coat went on - Piccies on here somewhere and on request - The bike has always been garaged and cleaned after rides (I'm an ex professional rider and keep it immaculate) it has been always been maintained regardless of expense initially by Moto Corsa and latterly by Matt at Bennetts in Barnsley. It has been totally reliable and the only time it ever let me down was caused by the battery, not the bike, which I have rectified by replacing it with a lithium battery that is superb and has lots more cranking power than the Yuasa did.
It has the tail unit and pillion seat but I will be keeping my number plate and the camera mount.
This is a rare bike and as far as I'm aware, there were only six originally imported into the UK, its a real drivers bike and the fact that they got it to look like that is just a bonus
The bike has never been down the road or dropped and has a very well documented record of its life, condition and the way its looked after, on my Seaflyfisher, Youtube channel, for advanced riding.
I will be devastated to see this go and if I do sell it, it will only be to someone that will treasure it the way that I have.
The only fault on the bike is that the top three bars on the digital fuel gauge don't light up for some reason - they do come on when you put the ignition on but other than that, its spot on.
It has full service history, both the keys and the emergency spare plastic ones and original documentation from Robertsons, the supplier.
It is a real privilege to own this, and, if I sell it, I'm asking 10k for it because of its rarity and condition so if you're interested give me a shout but only if you're going to look after it
DSC_0039.JPG DSC_0898.JPG DSC_9558.JPG DSC_9560.JPG DSC_9562.JPG FB_IMG_1584695718247.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Face book has some useful groups now for help with the S2 Benelli 650. " Benelli Tornado 650 twin motorcycles, motorrader" and "Classic Benelli Motorcycles". I'm in Australia with an S and S2. Best of luck and feel free to contact me for any pointers if I can help. Romaldo

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Romaldo - yes I'm already on them, plus, I have a lot of brand new spares that my brother bought years ago together with a factory mechanics workshop manual - thanks very much for your help and suggestions - stay safe - Dale

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best of luck with the sale! - your wheels look stunning, do you know the paint code or colour used?
Best of luck with the sale! - your wheels look stunning, do you know the paint code or colour used?
[/QU
Hi and thanks for that - I drove up to Ipswich from the New Forest to get them done and was really impressed by what a professional company they were - it's a brilliant job 😎

1 - 5 of 5 Posts