Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been for a quote for the forthcoming service on me TRE...

Its due its 3000 mile 12 month 2nd service soon...

£500 :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: How frigging much!!!!!!

Is that right????

Or does anyone know of a cheaper option in the South Yorkshire area...

I gotta have it done as I do not want to invalidate the warranty type situation...

Heeeeeelp...

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Stu have you tried Bennetts, speak to Russ I'm sure it cannot be that much. Was that at Motagrafixs

Bennetts 01226 284293

Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow... that man is fascinating...

A dealer that is as passionate about Benellis as he is, gets my custom any day of the week...

Phoned up for a quote... was chatting for about an hour all things Benelli...
And still did not get a price...:doh:

It is his bike that has the stubby Remus Endcan on it...

Anyone interested he is working on the mapping for it and once sorted will then supply and fit the can...

He said it sounds awesome....

Will do fer me....:)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
My service was £190 when I had it sdone back in October, seems inflation has gone a bit mad if that's the going rate now!

Andy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Russ who I spoke to explained that he checks everything as per what should be...

Plus any recalls that have not been done he sorts...

Now that is service, and if I pay the extra to have someone like him do it then I will be willing to pay.

The £500 service would not have been so thorough I can assure you...

·
903 Posts
Too much!

Stu the second service (3250miles) takes about 4 - 5 hours max and should cost no more than around £300.00 inc VAT.

The first service (600 miles) takes about 8 hours and would cost around the £450.00 mark. It appears that the dealer that quoted £500.00 has quoted you the FIRST service price.

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Lloyd,

What do you recon is included in the first service that's not in the 2nd? (It's not that old valve clearances thing again is it?):confused:

·
903 Posts
Valve clearance

Yep!

I have been strongly advised that 3X who where the Benelli importers informed Red Dog that the valves had to be checked!

Who is going to risk invalidating their warranty by saying no?

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
When my first TRE (2004) went in for it's 3500 mile service I had to insist for the valves to be checked as they were not going to get done as a matter of course. I was advised that only the very early (pre 2004) bikes required valves to be checked this early. Later bikes only required them to be checked every 6/10000 miles or so.

Turned out the were 'bang on' anyway so the dealer was probably right enough.

The 1st service on my second TRE (2006) cost £191 and this was actually higher than usual as it was in for the whole day due to a couple of other things being attended to.

I think that I would be looking for another dealer if I was you Stu.:bawl:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My first service was a standard oil filter change type service and was charged just £40...

I was told the 2nd service was for the valve checks..

I am going to Bennetts tomorrow so will clarify that.

Seems some dealers or pretend dealers do not know what they are on about...

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I paid £500 +vat last year at a Yorkshire Benelli dealer

According to them - all services for the Tornado are £500+vat and they check & adjust the valves as part of it

MMMnnnnn - let me think -I dont reckon they did half as much as what Russ @ Bennetts will do for about half the cost too :D :D :D :D

Me think that if you live anywhere above the Watford area then you can only take your Nelli to KJM or my personal favourite - Russ @ Bennetts :D :D :D :D

·
1,841 Posts
service items

The manual states all the service items, the 1st service at 600 miles should be the cheapest as just usual checks and throttle sync and oil change. The second service at 3750 miles (6000 km) is identical as the 1st plus valve clearance check and adjust if required, cam chain and moving pad check and wheel bearings. The second service would take longer if the valve clearance needs new shims as it would need the cams removed etc....
Lloyd ? are you a member of the insideoutbacktofrontclub? ;) ;) :rolling:

·
6 Posts
Service Cost

Stu, just had mine serviced at Bennetts - 2918 miles 2nd service £354 all in including a couple of valve reshims. Very professional ,:clap: great service:clap: , Russ is excellent:clap: , one of the few to take the bike too that I would feel everything had been done and there would be no need to mark certain components to make sure they had been checked if you know what I mean!!!:)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I am considering a 1 yr old Tornado that Russ has in stock... It has 2500 miles on it but should I be expecting the 2nd service to have been done or is it just on the miles? Am hoping its been done now I know how much its likely to cost!

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Hi Borat,

The manual just states a mileage criteria for service requirements but traditionally it is usually by elapsed period OR by mileage, which ever is reached first.

Russ will hate me for this but it sounds like it's up for negotiation when you strike the deal if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
And thats where my Nelli will be going....:bow:

What was yer other dealer Kurt...
Its probably not fair to bad mouth any dealer - but I know I wont take my Nelli back there- I dont think they even really wanted to touch her in the 1st place !!!!!!!!

I wont mention the name on here - but it was in Doncaster ! (Now how many Benelli Dealers has there ever been there !!!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its probably not fair to bad mouth any dealer - but I know I wont take my Nelli back there- I dont think they even really wanted to touch her in the 1st place !!!!!!!!

I wont mention the name on here - but it was in Doncaster ! (Now how many Benelli Dealers has there ever been there !!!!!!!!!!)
Yes mate.. I think they were previously mentioned at the beginning of the thread..

Looks like I have my solution anyways....:clap:

·
903 Posts
The manual states all the service items, the 1st service at 600 miles should be the cheapest as just usual checks and throttle sync and oil change. The second service at 3750 miles (6000 km) is identical as the 1st plus valve clearance check and adjust if required, cam chain and moving pad check and wheel bearings. The second service would take longer if the valve clearance needs new shims as it would need the cams removed etc....
Lloyd ? are you a member of the insideoutbacktofrontclub? ;) ;) :rolling:
.ti rof em tohs t'not, goD deR dlot X3 tatw gnitouq saw I:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts