Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's

Can you give me some help on a few bit's and bob's??

My Tornado is due for a service as the spanner's just come on and service now flashes when starting up(3800 miles on the clock).

I called the dealer in Lincoln where a brought I it from and they said £450 for the service,is this about right and what do they do on this service:confused: :confused:
As I live in Leicestershire,does anyone know of a local dealer that does services on Benelli's??

I also need new tryes and have looked at the post's about them and you guy's are recommending 2ct's-How long do these last?are these the best genrally?

There's also a number of post's about a whirring noise, have got to admit mine had what I can only say as a rattling noise comeing from the clucth?(Had been there since I got the bike-1500 mile's on the clock)Which has now gone and been replaced by this whirring noise,the old screw driver tick done but nothing out the ordinary came to light.Run's ok, no problem's any idea's??

Any help on this lot guy's I would appreciate:)

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Service

give Russ @ Bennetts a call he will tell what it should cost. It may be a bit of a haul but you can't get better service anywhere in the UK

01226 284293

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Hi guy's
I also need new tryes and have looked at the post's about them and you guy's are recommending 2ct's-How long do these last?are these the best genrally?
I typically got only about 3,000 miles out of a set of race compound tires. But the 2ct's are still going strong after 4,000 miles, plenty of tread all around. Looks to me like they're going to last at least 6,000. And this is with a lot of hard riding - serious twisties on very abrasive roads. Probably less than 1/3 of the miles are on the freeway.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Hi guy's

There's also a number of post's about a whirring noise, have got to admit mine had what I can only say as a rattling noise comeing from the clucth?(Had been there since I got the bike-1500 mile's on the clock)Which has now gone and been replaced by this whirring noise,the old screw driver tick done but nothing out the ordinary came to light.Run's ok, no problem's any idea's??

Mine has the whirring noise and also I've isolated this rattling sound to only happening when at neutral throttle. If I'm accelerating or decelerating, it goes away. I'm very suspicious that it's the cam chain. I've read posts about the cam chain tensioner failing. so I am not riding the bike any more until I get it in to the shop for its 6850-mile service (which is nearly due anyway). I'll post more after the dealer has a look.

·
5,891 Posts
I'm very suspicious that it's the cam chain
Easy to find out. Measure the tensioner depth. Or, alternatively, if there is no spring tension on the cap nut, when you undo it, you've got a problem. If the spring sticks out of the body by more than 1/4", she's fine.

Read this. It explains what's going on.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Forget the tyres get the clutch cover off NOW.......don't like whirring sounds from engine's:mad: (not to panic everyone but my interpretation of a whirring motor is not good)

Is the bike under warranty?

What colour cam chain tensioner has it got in it?

Get it to a dealer to drop the oil and Analise it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts