Benelli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts please Gents,

assuming all my mods have been done....

Would you entrust your tornado to a non Benelli dealer for a straighforward service?

Have e-mailed Russ to enquire about sending it down to Bennetts but the hassle factor is a thought!!! plus I don't want to be without it for too long...should have thought about this months ago! The girfriends R6 is away in to get its first service shortly (getting an R1 on loan in return) and it would just be so much easier to take mine in to the same place at the same time. There's an italian mechanic at the dealer who seems keen to get his mitts on my bike.

Know everyone's thoughts on Bennetts so they are not in question here.

Second question...sure you've all seen the decals on the bike on Bennetts Benelli Gallery http://www.bennettsmotorcycles.com/gallery_benelli/pages/DSCF0053[1]_JPG.htm

I like the look of this....these available anywhere? suspect this request might even be beyond Laurence!!!! I'm sure there was a thread on this previously but can't find it.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
You could try:
Border Bikes
Unit E, Station Road Industrial Estate, Duns TD11 3HS
www.borderbikes.co.uk

One of our members (can't remember who) swears by them and has just ordered a new Tornado from them.

Your links not working so here's the pic:

View attachment 513

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Yes - Border Bikes are new Benelli agents. I am picking up my new Tornado from them in the next couple of days. They are going on a Benelli training course next week, I think, to get all the latest technical updates etc. In my experience they are totally trustworthy - I have bought 4 bikes from them now.

Meanwhile - who supplies tank protectors and did anyone draw a conclusion on clip on risers (in case I need them)? ... saw some beauties on a Ducati Sport Classic in the south of France last week -- raised the bar height by about two inches and the build quality was first rate.

Michael

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gents,

Will take that on board.

Re the tank protector...I got mine from Laurence:bow: ...I would guess he probably has some ....give him a shout. He will point you in the right direction if he doesn't have any 'cause he's the tornado guru.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yes - Border Bikes are new Benelli agents.....

Michael
Brilliant Michael.... Tell Border Bikes to become members of this forum as other GOOD Benelli dealers have :clap: . They can learn a lot and be 'up to speed' in no time. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Scotland, who were you thinking of for the servicing? Border bikes might be a good option, but they are still a hell of a long way from you (and even further from me):(
Might be an idea for a wee run down sometime tho?:D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Scotland, who were you thinking of for the servicing? Border bikes might be a good option, but they are still a hell of a long way from you (and even further from me):(
Might be an idea for a wee run down sometime tho?:D
Let me know when if you have a "wee run down" and we'll have a meet. :)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
will do Stephen - how near to Border Bikes are you?
Hello whooshyafuker,

I live in Sunderland on the NE coast which is about 90 miles from Border Bikes and quite a nice ride out. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I like the look of this....these available anywhere? suspect this request might even be beyond Laurence!!!!
What......... do you mean like these? :D

Hey Michael, drop me an email if you are looking for a Carbon Tank Protector as I do have some left. :) [email protected]

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hahahahahaaha
Laurence - you have a cushy job surely- how can you find time to find out all the Benelli knowledge/trivia and sort the 'group buys' out:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have a couple of those Laurence...or can you point me in the right direction.

I can see me making a complete a*se of this but nothing ventured!

Re the servicing q. Hadn't realised there was a place in the Borders. Its still a fair trek but may consider it.

The local place I was considering (assuming they'd do it) is Ecosse motorcycles. They have the honda and yamaha franchise up here and I've bought 3 bikes from them...good guys and very helpful.

The alternative locally is Shirlaws. Have heard mixed reports on them...some very good and some very bad. My own experience of them is depends who serves you...most of the older guys couldn't be more helpful. The young lads, particularly in the parts dept seem to know less about bikes than I do...and that's saying something!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Ian,

I picked these up a while back on ebay and I'm afraid I can't recall who It was I got them from :doh:

The large Benelli decals won't come up that often but if you search for decals for any of the other brand names you should get a few results. i.e. Brembo, Dunlop, Ohlins, etc

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Ian,

I picked these up a while back on ebay and I'm afraid I can't recall who It was I got them from :doh:

The large Benelli decals won't come up that often but if you search for decals for any of the other brand names you should get a few results. i.e. Brembo, Dunlop, Ohlins, etc
Thanks Laurence,

Got the Brembo, Dunlop and Ohlins covered...as you say there's a fair few on e-bay. I'm just going to hold off buying anything until I get the large benelli ones as its all or nothing. There's some good Italian flag decals available too but difficult to know how they will look...don't want to go too OTT.

Have you stuck the big Benelli ones on your bike yet? Imagine they must be pretty tricky something that size.

Needless to say if you remember where you got them or see any come up give me a shout.

thanks again

Ian

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
The trick with applying large decals of any type is to make up a weak solution of water with some isopropal alcohol or a few drops of baby oil in it.

Spray the solution onto the surface that you are going to apply the sticker to. It does no harm in spraying some onto the adhesive side of the sticker as well. This will allow you to position and slide the sticker into the exact position you want it or you can even remove it completely and reapply it if need be.

Once you have it in position, take an old credit card or a squeegee of some sort and work the excess solution from the middle of the sticker to the outside edge. Once you get most of the solution out from the back of the sticker, leave it overnight for the rest of the solution to evaporate away and the adhesive will then have stuck firmly onto the panel.

Works every time :clap:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alcohol & baby oil...the girfriend will be wondering what I'm up to in the garage!

Sounds tricky but I guess like all these things not a job to be rushed. Made the mistake of trying to attach a tank protector to the girfriend's bike in a hurry and made a right mess of it...stuck it on squint...repositioned and...being a black bike with a clear tank protector you can imagine the mess. Damn thing cost about £30 and she still hasn't forgiven me.:doh:

Funnily enough I tend to take a bit more care with my own bike...strange that!:rolling:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Decals

O.K. guys, we have a result.:) Vinyl Designs in Eastbourne, 01323 438533 can make them up, as they have the design on computer. The one they have is as shown in Lawrence's pics, grey background, green border and black lettering. I have asked them if they can be done in the colours, as shown on the picture of the display bike, and they are going to let me know.
They can be done in any size, i.e. 65mm for the tank, or whatever for the fairing lowers. I am having mine 288mm diameter, as that is an optimum size for the media they use, and appears to fit the lowers well. But, whatever...
So, order away!:D
Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Decals

O.K. guys, we have a result.:) They can be done in any size, i.e. 65mm for the tank, or whatever for the fairing lowers. I am having mine 288mm diameter, as that is an optimum size for the media they use, and appears to fit the lowers well. But, whatever...
So, order away!:D
Cheers
Ian
Be aware thar 288mm is smaller than the one on the display bike, which, at a guess, is 370mm. So..... you determine the size you want. I wouldn't want you to order and be disappointed:bawl:

Cheers!

Ian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts