Benelli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had taken the plunge and had their servicing dome outside of the Benelli dealership network.

I am due a service which is scheduled to cost £350+ VAT, plus the cost of a fan modification, and that's before I tell them about leaking oil and coolant.

I know they are exotic, but so will be my journey to my nearest dealers, who are now so awkward to get to, I question the use of the word 'nearest' Least furthest, yes.

DMA are very helpful, but would want me to leave the bike with them, and there isn't much going on in Brinkworth, I am told. Four 2 hour trips plus van hire - don't fancy that at present.

I met Graham Jones of the Hammersmith dealership at the weekend, very friendly chap who even offered me a lift most of the way home if I dropped the bike in on a Friday. But that's more time off work and hassle.....twice

anyway

Has anybody chanced their arm and lived to tell the tale?I expect the answer is well it's OK unless it goes wrong..!?:confused:

·
5,967 Posts
distant dealerships

Ben, I'm in Oz, so it may be different for you, but my nearest dealership was 200 kms away, so I did all of my servicing myself, with the sanction of the importer.

I did manage to get a local motorcycle repair shop to get set up as a parts supply agent, and he would have tackled any major warranty issues, had they surfaced. The importer was happy to pay his rates, rather than the factory rates, but it was never tested. You may be able to get your importer to agree to a similar deal. You just need to find someone you can trust, get their agreement, then the importer's agreement. Shouldn't be hard. :rolling:
Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts